Thread: Mafless Tuning & Blowers

Advanced Tuner

Mafless Tuning & Blowers

Just wondering if VCM Suite can tune using Mafless and if so, what needs to be done to tune for a supercharger.

Are there any special features which allow you to change the state of tune from say a "suctioned based monifold" to a "pressurized one."

Sorry for the termanology, i had the correct words on the tip of my toungue but as soon as i go to write it down, i get a mental blank.

Re: Mafless Tuning & Blowers

No that will not be possible... YOu can change the VE tables and you can change a few tables to eliminate the maf, but i advice you against it...

Check out a few people down at australia.. They can modify your pcm for $600 to actually see boost and use a 2 bar map sensor.. all you would need is for VCM people to change your table definitions and that is it.

You can do a mafless tune with the VE tables. You are still limited by your MAP sensor though.

We got this guy Not Sure, ...

We are looking into code mods required to use a 2 bar MAP (or 3). It should be an easy mod since all the code is there for boost etc. If it requires OS mods you will need the PRO version to make those changes.

In fact it would make an excellent discussion in the hacking forum

I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Would I really need a 2 bar map sensor if im only running a max of 9psi? I currently have a mafl-less tune as it is.

That's why i thought i should ask.

Yes you would...

the 2 bar map sensor reads up to 14.7psi boost which is 2 bar perssure...

Check out www.superchipz.com at australia.. they already have the core mods for the 2 bar map sensor for $600.00 I believe...

Tuner in Training

how bout using the A/C input line and a 3bar map sensor, then hacking the ecu to:
    setup a small 16x16 map
    for timing and fuel
    based on this input line.

Can the mad hptuners add code like this?
    it would be a non-intrusive way to bizzoost.

how bout an window switch code hack too? for nitrous to fire a solenoid when WOT + RPM windows to a relay?

How about an input line to reduce timing when nitrous is armed?

Anyone got the disassembly of the code? Maybe we can loop in some not so necessary i/o lines to do some neato tricks.

I'd pay a few bucks for some extra features.

I finished my tuning on my blower car. I can't see why you would go to all the work to tune out the maf, as ti works just fine with it.

I changed the WOT Spark Table (to 20-17 degrees), Injector Table (42lb bosch injectors), and changed the WOT PE fuel table.

All in all it took 3 runs with my wide band to eliminate knock and lock into a 12.1...

There will be engine codes that pop up, and then you disable them via the diagnostics tab.

Very easy, and no reason to do mafless IMHOP.

If you are interested I have both my stock bin and my bin for the 7.5 lb supercharger.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by mrkrad
    how bout using the A/C input line and a 3bar map sensor, then hacking the ecu to:
    setup a small 16x16 map
    for timing and fuel
    based on this input line.

Can the mad hptuners add code like this?
    it would be a non-intrusive way to bizzoost.

how bout an window switch code hack too? for nitrous to fire a solenoid when WOT + RPM windows to a relay?

How about an input line to reduce timing when nitrous is armed?

Anyone got the disassembly of the code? Maybe we can loop in some not so necessary i/o lines to do some neato tricks.

I'd pay a few bucks for some extra features.
    this all sounds cool and yes it is all possible. the main reason for us providing unencrypted bins and ability to reflash the enitre PCM s/w in the Pro version was to allow advanced tuners to do whatever they like if they know how.

In the short term it is unlikely we could do this as we are spending a lot of time at the moment on supporting vehicles such as v6's and the pre'99 v8's.

I would love to see a thread in the hacking section that discusses the addition of 2-3 bar MAPs, nitrous control, water injection control, and other cool stuff.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Brian I currently run a Turbo'd LS1 at 5psi and 9psi with 50/50 methanol. I currently have had it tunned but I decided to purchase VCM to start playing with it. I currently havd 42lb injectors also. Do you think your tune will work on my car? Can you e-mail me your bin if you will think it will work [email protected]

Thanks,

Kane

Quote Originally Posted by brianw21
    I finished my tuning on my blower car. I can't see why you would go to all the work to tune out the maf, as ti works just fine with it.

I changed the WOT Spark Table (to 20-17 degrees), Injector Table (42lb bosch injectors), and changed the WOT PE fuel table.

All in all it took 3 runs with my wide band to eliminate knock and lock into a 12.1...

There will be engine codes that pop up, and then you disable them via the diagnostics tab.

Very easy, and no reason to do mafless IMHOP.

If you are interested I have both my stock bin and my bin for the 7.5 lb supercharger.

Brian

Tuner in Training

How did you guys tune for 42lb injectors? I just picked up a set and need to know what changes to make for them to work properly. Thanks

Tuner

Go to Fuel Control and then go to flow rate vs kpa vac. We currently have mine set at 5.18, 5.21, 5.25, 5.28, 5.31, 5.35, 5.37, 5.40, 5.42, 5.48, 5.49, 5.52, 5.55, 5.59. We are still playing with it.

Does anyone know how to change air fuel ratio? I am running rich and want to play with it.

Kane

Quote Originally Posted by eatme
    How did you guys tune for 42lb injectors? I just picked up a set and need to know what changes to make for them to work properly. Thanks