Thread: Help with Lambda erroe VE

Tuner in Training

Help with Lambda erroe VE

rytune30inj.hptLamba_err.png

I have a 2000 trans am with a 228/232 cam. I am using the aem uego wideband. The attachment is what I got when I scanned for my lambda error. I have watch the greg banish video many times and he is always trying to get to 1 and mine is way up in the teens. What do I do to my VE table to edit my tune. I have some areas up near 20 so how do I get that back down to the 13-14 area? Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sokr915; 10-13-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Right now you are set up to tune in AFR, to tune in lambda you need to change your wideband transfer function or set up a pid to divide the AFR by the widebands stoich ratio (I think AEM uses 14.7) which will give you lambda. And if you are tuning lambda you don't want commanded AFR you want commanded lambda, another pid of commanded AFR/stoich in the computer or the inverse of commanded equivalence.

You don't have your error set up correctly. My lambda error pid is ((wideband reading/commanded)*100)-100 that will give you numbers you can copy paste special multiply by %.
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

From the screen shot it looks like you are logging your WB output in AFR not Lambda err. As per above so you log lambda err and plot that.

Tuner in Training
    So for Commanded lambda should I be using [PID.6001]/14.7 or [AUX.20005]/14.7? I also realized that my Air Fuel ratio Commanded Hi Res stick at 1 after a little bit, why is that?

PID.6001=Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res
    [AUX.20005]=Wideband 02 AEM

Advanced Tuner
    Use commanded EQ which is the inverse of lambda on your platform so 1/commanded eq for the commanded lambda
    And for wideband lambda I would change the transfer function to give it in terms of lambda. AEM lambda V/10.42 + .62

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to sound really stupid and new. How do I get commanded EQ? When do I use wideband lambda? and what is the V in the AEM lambda V/10.42 + .62?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sokr915 View Post
    Sorry to sound really stupid and new. How do I get commanded EQ? When do I use wideband lambda? and what is the V in the AEM lambda V/10.42 + .62?
    Look in your list of lids for commanded eq like you are for afr hi res, use wideband lambda whenever you are tuning rather than AFR, and the V is volts it's the transfer function to pipe in the wideband, similar to your aux20005. That will pipe the wideband in as lambda not afr. If you do it that way you can literally copy paste.

You can do it by dividing afr/14.7 but I'm not 100% sure what your defined stoich is in our calibration or what AEM defined stoich as.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    I think I got it. I will try it out after work. Two more questions. The only thing that kind of looks like it might be commanded EQ is [PID.6010] Equivalence ratio. Is that the right one? And you are saying by using volts it will automatically factor in wideband? I have [SENS.50]/10.42+.62 as the funtion for AEM Lambda. [SENS.50]= volts.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes EQ is equivalence ratio that's my bad. In your first pic it looks like you have the pro version? Then do it as a user defined just like your AEM wideband o2. Go to table, right click insert, configure user defined (I think I remember the order)

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    AEM Lambda.pngCommanded Lambda.png

I do have the pro version. Do these formulas look right so that I can just copy and paste the AEM Lambda into the VE table? So in theory with that formula it will give the numbers to copy and paste so that my car runs right? Maybe I am a little confused on how it will give me what I need rather than how my car is running currently.
    Last edited by sokr915; 10-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll take some screenshots of what you need when I get home.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Advanced Tuner
    genericGen3.cfg

Not sure if i attached it right. I gave you the wrong lambda transfer. Apparently there are a few different versions and I finally did it on my spreadsheet and this is what it was. you may need to add in things like Maf hz and MAP sensor to get the tables but this is how the error should work. I wasn't connected to a gen3 and don't tune a lot of gen3 cars so I don't have a config made up and ready.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Advanced Tuner
    also you have WAY too many things on your table. keep it around 20 (or at least under 24) to make the scanner faster.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    New.png
    Every time I try to open your file I get an error that says application not found. How do I get around that? I also added MAF hz and MAP sensor. I also have AEM Lambda [SENS.50]/10.42+.62, and also commanded lambda 1/[PID.6010]. Which is wrong?

Advanced Tuner
    Click on it and save it, open the scanner and open the config. This is what I meant in the table.

AEMLAMBDA.png

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    new2.png
    When I load up your file commanded EQ,Lambda EQ, and AEM Lambda all come up as unsupported parameter. How do i get those to come up?

Advanced Tuner
    Ugh I was worried about that. I'm not smart enough to know how to load a vehicle. Do you see where it goes though? The AEM function I gave was wrong. It's V/7.325 + 0.683.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    See where what goes through? Can you write out the function for the other two please?

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I'm going to say you obviously need to do a lot more reading. I'll try to spell this out one more time but I can't hold your hand through the entire thing.

Commanded lambda is 1/equivalence ratio to get a usable error ratio I use (wide band lambda/commanded lambda)*100-100 that along with the lambda transfer function is all you need to know honestly. Keep playing with the scanner and figure it out.

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much for your help. Sorry I kept coming back. I will continue to read and use what you gave me.