Thread: problem with speed density and idle problem in park

Potential Tuner

problem with speed density and idle problem in park

I can not get my pcm to throw a maf fail code without excessive crank and dying on my 04 silverado 402 cid. been trying to figure out for a while. sucks cause i just changed my heads and intake and now it takes me 10-15 minutes to do 2 flashes that should only take couple minutes. if anyone wants to try to figure my idle problem out that would be great too. i downgraded from ls3 heads to 243s for torque and now cant figure out why it wont idle in park after throttled and rpm dont settle to idle. dose fine in gear. this is my first step with new heads and both these problems got me ive never got help on a tune and i would be more than great full thanks new heads.hpt
    Last edited by shawn cook; 10-05-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Tuner
    in this tune you posted /engine diag tab /airflow tab /maf hertz needs to be set to 0 for fail the maf... another piece of advice this tune is way off for ANY KIND OF BOOST . use at your on risk hth

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo 6l View Post
    in this tune you posted /engine diag tab /airflow tab /maf hertz needs to be set to 0 for fail the maf... another piece of advice this tune is way off for ANY KIND OF BOOST . use at your on risk hth
    thanks i figured the starting prob going into sd. had to raise the maf table a lot so it would run long enough to set the code. my truck is no longer boosted i now i use 2 bar for nitrous by using relay to give map 5 volts when active so i can use different tables to tune without a wet shot dont ask me how but i had to lower the botom boost table so it wouldn't run so rich. i still dont understand why i can get it to stop diping and die after a rev in park. got the idle air flow right and spark tables.