Thread: PSP Support?

Tuner in Training

PSP Support?

Hey i know this question seems a little off the wall, but what kinda chances do you think there would be for you guys to add software that will run on a SONY PSP? These things are way more than a gaming machine, they are pretty much a handheld laptop. They have a 333MHZ processor and 32MB of ram. THe disks can hold around 800MB of information. It has USB 2.0 and a keyboard and mouse are coming out soon for it. I think it would be a great idea if you guys could port the software to a PSP. Its pretty much just an X86 processor.

I dont have your software yet, im waiting for you to release the Ld9 software. I was just curious if you guys ever considered this idea, i saw another company who made a program for the GameBoy Advanced that would let you use it as a scan tool.

Potential Tuner
    Utec GameBoy is nice!!! Imagine logging and tuning on a PSP....damn!!!
    -ace

Tuner in Training
    ill take the silence as a big fat no

Advanced Tuner
    I would think there'd be a greater chance of making a pocket PC version (more have PPCs than PSPs)

But... w/the new USB cable coming out and some of the offersing from superchips that are coming out, I'd think this wouldn't be high on the priorities
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner
    Problem is with $ony, they used to charge big $$$ to developers for their development sdk's

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bluess57
    Problem is with $ony, they used to charge big $$$ to developers for their development sdk's

no.

that was sonys success..

back before the playstation came out, everyone thought the idea of sony making a game platform was a joke... Nintendo and Sega were the ones to beat..

but Nintendo had huge development and gaming royalties. that cartridge connection? owned by nintendo... and they were a bitch to work with too.

Sega was a little nicer, but they still got their share from 3rdparty game developers.

Sony did the unthinkable at the time.. they basically made it free to develop games for them.. and when you had problems, their development team worked with you.. 3rd party developers were no longer 2nd rate citizens...
    thats why theres 100s more gaming developers for the playstation then there ever was for the nintendo and sega combined...

sony kept at it, and now their at the top... along with Microsoft, who did something similar...
    you'll notice, even to this day, how few developers there are for Nintendo, outside of Nintendo itself...
    1991 Camaro Convertible with 02 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by bluess57
    you used to be able to download the SDK stuff from Sonys website(had a buddy that does game stuff.....they pointed him at a link and a downloadable file)...I think they pulled it off though..now you have to contact and request
    -Scott -