Thread: e85 afr on a procharged car 11psi

Tuner in Training

e85 afr on a procharged car 11psi

I am switching my ta over to e85 and wanting to know what my target e85 afr should be under boost. On 93 octane I run it around 11.5 to 11.7 from 4500 to 6200 rpms. I am going to run my wideband on a gas scale so 7.0 is equal to 10.5 afr. 7.0 is what I am hearing as being rich side afr under boost for a e85 car. Is this correct? What is everyone running in their e85 cars? Thanks for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    I asked a similar question on performancetrucks.net and most said they still shoot for 11.5 on the gas scale, or .78 Lambda.

I have my truck set to command .76 Lambda or about 11.2 on the gas scale. It's a turbo 5.3 running about 10 psi.

Tuner in Training
    Have you had good luck with that afr? I dont want to hurt anything. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    My car likes .78-.79 lambda....11.5 on gas scale

Advanced Tuner
    I've read on yellowbullet that you can go pretty rich with E85 as long as you have enough ignition to light it off. I cut a spark plug open last night and my fuel ring at the bottom of the porcelain looks pretty good.

I do plan to adjust the fueling at the track(up/down) to see what it likes best...

Tuner in Training
    What I've noticed is that typically the people saying you can go really rich are running high boost. I have noticed that (on my car) E85 does not like those super rich mixtures. However, I have also noticed that cars that typically run higher boost (imports) can see gains by adding fuel at higher boost levels

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    What I've noticed is that typically the people saying you can go really rich are running high boost. I have noticed that (on my car) E85 does not like those super rich mixtures. However, I have also noticed that cars that typically run higher boost (imports) can see gains by adding fuel at higher boost levels
    That makes sense. I started it up this evening on the e85. I change the afr to 9.75 and started it up. The long terms are pulling -15% out at idle and a few other areas off idle. I didnt really drive it, but am going to make some changes in the ve table then drive it on Wednesday. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the help. Josh