Thread: 24x to 58x converter?

Advanced Tuner

24x to 58x converter?

I know Lingenfelter has a 58x to 24x converter but I have an application where I would need to go the opposite route.

Like putting a perfect 441 LS2 stroker with LS1 24x reluctor into an 2008 LS3 Corvette whose PCM uses 58x.

besides changing reluctor wheels on a fully assembled engine, what are the options?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrp View Post
    I know Lingenfelter has a 58x to 24x converter but I have an application where I would need to go the opposite route.

Like putting a perfect 441 LS2 stroker with LS1 24x reluctor into an 2008 LS3 Corvette whose PCM uses 58x.

besides changing reluctor wheels on a fully assembled engine, what are the options?
    24x pcm but that wouldnt exactly be ideal.

Advanced Tuner
    last I heard when speaking with Lingenfelter was that Lingenfelter has a box in the testing which does exactly that. Release date sometime within the next month.

changing from E38 to 24x PCM is not practical on an a A6 LS3 C6, if then piggy-backing but that is not a technical elegant solution either.

Lingenfelter already has a 58 down converted to 24 box....
    I'd love to see a 24 up converted to 58...
    I'd like to use a newer pcm myself.. LS1 pcm sucks
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Is there a way to change the way the signal is read in the VCM so a converter isn't needed? I know there is a table listed in Tiny Tuner for V6 guys labeled Crank Sensor Resolution, but I am not sure if this would be the type of table that would need to be changed.

Potential Tuner

solution?

Quote Originally Posted by GMV6Power View Post
    Is there a way to change the way the signal is read in the VCM so a converter isn't needed? I know there is a table listed in Tiny Tuner for V6 guys labeled Crank Sensor Resolution, but I am not sure if this would be the type of table that would need to be changed.
    was there ever a solution for this?