Thread: You know i love you guys right?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

You know i love you guys right?

But damn ya piss me off lol...every day i get im's here and there from people ive never talked to and some I have asking questions about this that and the other with hptuners...sometimes i can help sometimes i cant but I always do my best...but one thing that almost everyone that comes to me about something doesnt do before they come to me is read the help files lol. For instance tonight this person shall remain nameless asks me

nameless-"what do all the different connections go to? i'm hoping when i get the pigtail hptuners provides some sort of documentation"

me-"it does its called the help file under connecting to vehicle its like the 1st tab in the vcm suite help"

I cant tell you how many files ive looked over not even of cars that i really tune from trucks to v6 cars to vettes just to see how some people tune cars and what theyve done, not to mention the thousands and thousands of hours ive searched the web for help in all aspects of tuning...then to have people ask me how to hook up something when they have the instructions right there in front of them its just funny. Theres really tons of information from little stuff to big stuff like VE tuning in those help files you just have to open it-RANT OFF

lata
    Bill

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Re: You know i love you guys right?

Ah, yes Bill,
    I know how you feel. I look at it this way, every noob question is a test for me to see how much I remember..... ;D
    so i don't mind how basic the question is.... if I can help I will....
    so don't stress it.....

Brian

Tuner

lol I know your pain,.. I could write a book about all the funny stuff people ask me on the boards. Sometimes i get more than 20 emails a day just off the www.ls1tuning.com board. Not including all the others each day. I dont know how i keep up. Keep up the helping foff, People do appriciate it.
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Tuner

What, there is a helpfile? What the hell I been hanging out here for? ;D Just from the impression I have, foff67, you tune for a living which makes you smarter than me, hence the reason I bet you get so much email? Me, I suck at tuning but if you need me to send a 155 millimeter, 96 pound, high explosive round on a point target with a 8 digit grid coordinate from 30km away, you can email me and I will see if I can answer your question. HEHE. And for other readers, no I wasn't the one asking about the connection hookup, but I did require some assistance even after reading the helpfile. Cheers and keep up the great work fellas. Off to find that helpfile.

Jim K.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette
    What, there is a helpfile? What the hell I been hanging out here for? ;D Just from the impression I have, foff67, you tune for a living which makes you smarter than me, hence the reason I bet you get so much email? Me, I suck at tuning but if you need me to send a 155 millimeter, 96 pound, high explosive round on a point target with a 8 digit grid coordinate from 30km away, you can email me and I will see if I can answer your question. HEHE. And for other readers, no I wasn't the one asking about the connection hookup, but I did require some assistance even after reading the helpfile. Cheers and keep up the great work fellas. Off to find that helpfile.

Jim K.
    For the record I do not tune for a living...i do enjoy tuning and cars in general and dont mind helping people as much as i can whether thats anwsering their question or pointing them in the right direction to get their question anwsered. Juggling between an 8hr a day job, 8hrs of sleep, a wife, a 2 year old, a mortgage and a car payment and add onto that people that need/want help tuning their own cars and people that want me to tune their cars for them isnt easy thats all im saying.

Tuner

I stand corrected, but hear ya. I do think I have you mixed up with someone else on the board. I thought you were the one that tuned for a living. My mistake. I hope you didn't take my post as a personal attack as I was trying to be more funny than serious. Now, about that helpfile........

Jim K.

PS. It isn't healthy but you could cut one extra hour of sleep and get a little more done. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

For the record I do not tune for a living...i do enjoy tuning and cars in general and dont mind helping people as much as i can whether thats anwsering their question or pointing them in the right direction to get their question anwsered. Juggling between an 8hr a day job, 8hrs of sleep, a wife, a 2 year old, a mortgage and a car payment and add onto that people that need/want help tuning their own cars and people that want me to tune their cars for them isnt easy thats all im saying.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

ha ha ha, you want me to forward the [email protected] alias to ya as well?

One day Outlook will allow you to setup the Fn keys as auto repsonses to the top 12 questions... (BTW, if you know how to do that it would be greatly appreciated if you tell me how)

Remember, there are no dumb questions, just opportunities for you to look smarter...

I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    ha ha ha, you want me to forward the [email protected] alias to ya as well?

One day Outlook will allow you to setup the Fn keys as auto repsonses to the top 12 questions... (BTW, if you know how to do that it would be greatly appreciated if you tell me how)

Remember, there are no dumb questions, just opportunities for you to look smarter...
    I'll pass on that one

Im sure there is but dont ask me how

haha

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette
    I stand corrected, but hear ya. I do think I have you mixed up with someone else on the board. I thought you were the one that tuned for a living. My mistake. I hope you didn't take my post as a personal attack as I was trying to be more funny than serious. Now, about that helpfile........

Jim K.

PS. It isn't healthy but you could cut one extra hour of sleep and get a little more done. ;D

no offense taken, I wish i could make enough per week tuning that i could quit my job but its just not feasible nor would it be smart even if I could IMHO...actually i usually probably get closer to 5-6hrs of sleep every night between helping people and actually trying to get my own stuff done so im not willing to loose another 1/2 hr lol