Thread: NX Maximizer and HPTuners?

Tuner

NX Maximizer and HPTuners?

Is there anyone running the NX Maximizer progressive controller for a nitrious setup that is using the outputs from HPtuners to feed the TPS and Windows RPMs to the Maximizer? I figure the outputs from this EIO should be good for more than the WB I am using. ;D I have already talked to Magic Chicken and he wasn't sure if HPtuners could be configured to output the required info to the Maximizer. Thanks,

Jim Kay
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Advanced Tuner

Re: NX Maximizer and HPTuners?

what kinda inputs does it expect? the EIO can output a ground signal, so you could probably hook it up so that 1 EIO output grounds if TPS% = 100%, have this activate a relay that will feed a power to the NX (if that's what it expects, if it expects a ground then I'd guess you could output directly???)

Same for RPM , if it expects a ground signal then you can prolly go right off the EIO cable, if it expects a + signal you can have the EIO excite a relay
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Tuner

Re: NX Maximizer and HPTuners?

Hey Horist,

Yeah, I am not sure what kind of signals the thing needs but I will bet that it is voltage dependent. Normally you would splice into the TPS wire on the corvette since it is fly-by-wire. Since it goes from 0 to 100, I would guess it has a variable voltage. Same for the RPM's. Guess we will find out. As I told Eric last night, even so, you would have to have your laptop and the HPT connected anytime you used it so it may be a little unrealistic. Just thought it would be cleaner than splicing into a bunch of wires.

Jim.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6