Thread: 09 Z06 Twin Turbo help please

Tuner in Training

09 Z06 Twin Turbo help please

I have just installed a STS twin turbo kit on a customers 09 Z06. The "tech support" from STS modified the Stock OEM tune file for the vette to complement the new injectors and the twin turbos. I was comparing the stock tune with the STS modified tune and noticed the timing was decreased about or around 10*.
    My question is, why would you decrease the timing on the car?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have just installed a STS twin turbo kit on a customers 09 Z06. The "tech support" from STS modified the Stock OEM tune file for the vette to complement the new injectors and the twin turbos. I was comparing the stock tune with the STS modified tune and noticed the timing was decreased about or around 10*.
    My question is, why would you decrease the timing on the car?
    Pretty normal on an FI engine. Especially with stock comp ratio.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Pretty normal on an FI engine. Especially with stock comp ratio.
    Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    if its a stock motor then how much boost are you running,

then, how much timing is the car doing at 6500rpm, from 0.7x to 1.0x cylinder airmass

im asking because usually there is ALOT left in those FI canned tunes. At least over my canned Vortech tune, which at 5PSI produced 100rwhp over stock, we gained about 50rwhp at peak and a little more at 5500RPMs, and there was STILL room for some more.

So you're best bet is to get it dyno tuned. How do you like the system so far?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    if its a stock motor then how much boost are you running,

then, how much timing is the car doing at 6500rpm, from 0.7x to 1.0x cylinder airmass

im asking because usually there is ALOT left in those FI canned tunes. At least over my canned Vortech tune, which at 5PSI produced 100rwhp over stock, we gained about 50rwhp at peak and a little more at 5500RPMs, and there was STILL room for some more.

So you're best bet is to get it dyno tuned. How do you like the system so far?
    We are loving the STS sytem. I am going to make changes to the PE table in a few days and watch the spark table. As on how much boost, don't know yet. Sort of jumped the gun and started driving the car.

Advanced Tuner
    Dont get too excited driving the car under boost, im telling you this because this is what I do even before I tune the car lol, stick a wideband in the exhaust and make sure you're not waay off, again canned tunes are meant for the car to run until they get properly tuned.

Senior Tuner
    We are loving the STS sytem. I am going to make changes to the PE table in a few days and watch the spark table. As on how much boost, don't know yet. Sort of jumped the gun and started driving the car.
    Please tell me you are not going to attempt to adjust your fueling through the PE table w/out calibrating in the MAF? You work for NASA for God's sake! That would be like raping the tune on space shuttle (sorry, I'm attempting to be humorous, LOL!).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    we squeeze our brains tuning cars, i wonder who tunes those space shuttles, and how lol, maybe they use the 2.5bar OS jk.

I live in Huntsville as well and would love to see your car sometime. I'm most likely getting my 2010 Camaro twin turboed in the next few months and would like someone that has more experience with HPTuners to talk with...I work on base too.

Senior Tuner
    I'd be pleased and excited to meet/hang and STS about cars. I'd also be honored to tune your TT '10 Camaro, sir.

P.s. Maybe you can get me a tour of the base?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    we squeeze our brains tuning cars, i wonder who tunes those space shuttles, and how lol, maybe they use the 2.5bar OS jk.
    Hummmm....Are you sure that wouldn't be a -2.5bar OS??

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Advanced Tuner
    maybe he just services' the shitter on the shuttle? who knows? im sure there are crappy jobs with nasa as well!

Tuner in Training
    The shuttle doesn't have a "Shitter". The space station has the "Shitter". And so what if I do.

Advanced Tuner
    The shuttle doesn't have a "Shitter". The space station has the "Shitter". And so what if I do.
    LOL! I agree with you....so freakin what?! He works for NASA!
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Senior Tuner
    carlrx7 wasn't be derogatory, folks. Find the humor in life!
    Formerly known as RWTD