Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G5X3 A-4 tune

Hey Dan, got your e-mail. Sorry it didn't work out with LG.......

As I stated, the current tune from Lou is set for MAF only with High RPM Disable = 400 RPM. Should be 4000 abd the re-enable to 3900. I guess you have to decide if you are going to tune it or just put in suggestions. I would opt for logging/tuning (with assistance from this great forum crew ) or if not, then I would stay with your plan that had Howard doing the new cam and tune; just get the tune. You are going to have to get her on a dyno with a wideband to get her right. You can tune all the closed loop elements, but open loop requires the wideband.

I Know this isn't what you want to hear, but I would be leary of sending her down the track at 6500 RPM, full load without one of the options above.

JMHO

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 09-01-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Dan I'm back the week of the 14th-I can help you then. Are you still going to change the cam out? Did you get a bung welded before the cats? If you get the cam that I talked to Steve about I should have a good startup tune to get you going.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Tuner in Training

Totally Frustrated & P.O.

Well this goes to show how simple things can get all F.U.
    It has been 3 weeks now and COUNTING from something that should have been completed in a day And still another weekend of Racing Down... So much for customer care and service "as long as you don't waste there time and ask any question or concerns that it runs and works like CRAP , (Guaranteed to work in your coupe doesn't mean a thing) Well maybe its time just to pack it in ... I have had enough BS from this upgrade to end the FUN of Racing

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by R99C View Post
    Well this goes to show how simple things can get all F.U.
    It has been 3 weeks now and COUNTING from something that should have been completed in a day And still another weekend of Racing Down... So much for customer care and service "as long as you don't waste there time and ask any question or concerns that it runs and works like CRAP , (Guaranteed to work in your coupe doesn't mean a thing) Well maybe its time just to pack it in ... I have had enough BS from this upgrade to end the FUN of Racing
    Dan, the shop that did the cam install should be responsible for all your issues. They installed it, they should be able to tune it properly as well. They should never of sold you a cam that they couldn't tune.

You can't really blame LG-they only sold the parts to the shop.

I'm sure you can get the current cam to work after it's tuned but I still think it's a bit large for what your after.

What happened on saturday? I thought we were going to fix this up?
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    pm me your email and you can copy my tune to see if it helps you out
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Tuner in Training

Finally Made Progress

My G5X3 is quickly on its way out with a PROPER Fitting Cam to MY setup being custom ground.... Many thanks to Ron at Vengeance Racing for stepping in and leading the way with their expertise. Looking forward to it
    Thanks So much to every one who has helped out, all the pieces are now coming together for a properly setup coupe...
    Last edited by R99C; 09-05-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: grammar

Tuner in Training
    What is wrong with that cam? It does not seem like your setup is very complex or calls for a custom grind, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of people who have setups just like yours that run hard with no issues at all. Not trying to tell you what to do but that is a solid cam that can be tuned to be daily driven and run great numbers at the track, it's been proven way to many times.
    2005 Lemans Blue C6 A4
    232/234 600/600 112, Longtubes, ORX, BB Bullets, Vararam, UD Pulley
    2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06
    Iron 402, Trick Flow 215, 239/243 625/625 112, Fast 92/90, Halltech Killer Bee II, Dynatech Longtubes w/Cattless X-Pipe, Corsa Touring, 3.90, T1 Bars, HIDs, CCW Classics

506/466 - Sold

Tuner in Training

Power Band ....................................

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed1998 View Post
    What is wrong with that cam? It does not seem like your setup is very complex or calls for a custom grind, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of people who have setups just like yours that run hard with no issues at all. Not trying to tell you what to do but that is a solid cam that can be tuned to be daily driven and run great numbers at the track, it's been proven way to many times.
    I have been chewed out a few times about what is going on . The Only thing what I have stated from the start is... For MY A4 2800 STALL 3.42 the POWER BAND for this cam is above the usable power required for my Coupe.... You can Dyno this cam setup and get 400 rwhp plus numbers But the power-band is above what my setup runs at.... A stick can leave the line at any thing past 4000 rpm all day long... The 2800 stall that we use has to be flashed from around 1000 rpm ...thats it... So I hope you can see the issue I'm going through If not I'm sorry but I have already put 16 runs on this setup and have not even come close to my regular 1.700's sixty ft times I still have not heard from one person yet who has this exact setup for drag racing come forward
    Last edited by R99C; 09-06-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Whats cheaper, swapping the stall (and selling your old one) or swapping out the cam? I would have figured the stall recommendations would have been on LG's website.
    2005 Lemans Blue C6 A4
    Iron 402, Trick Flow 215, 239/243 625/625 112, Fast 92/90, Halltech Killer Bee II, Dynatech Longtubes w/Cattless X-Pipe, Corsa Touring, 3.90, T1 Bars, HIDs, CCW Classics

506/466 - Sold

Tuner in Training

Supp(Liar)

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed1998 View Post
    Whats cheaper, swapping the stall (and selling your old one) or swapping out the cam? I would have figured the stall recommendations would have been on LG's website.
    THIS setup was DIRECTLY ordered Through the Recommendations from BOBBY & the Authorized Installer to fit my DETAILED Application , WITH NO Other Things to be Change...... THE END

In Closing this off I would like to Thank the HP Tuner Forum for all the great help Also I am so happy & impressed with the use of my HP Tuners Pro to log and really tune and learn about our coupe. VERY powerful tool into learning about your car's tune & performance...
    Thanks Guy's
    Last edited by R99C; 09-06-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added thanks to HP Tuners & the HP Forum

Tuner in Training
    Yea I just looked on their site and could not find anything about gearing and stall converter recommendations. Usually they will tell the 6-Speed guys which gears they will need and the auto guys which size stall they would need. But it almost seems like it would be more cost effective to just sell your 2800 stall and buy a 3200 or 3600 unless you are totally opposed to the idea. Should make the car a bit quicker than the small cam/small stall route, how much are you looking to spend to buy a new cam and have it installed?
    2005 Lemans Blue C6 A4

506/466 - Sold