Thread: Won't scan Mustang. GM credits only

Won't scan Mustang. GM credits only

I tune my GTO with the lastest version of HPT. I tried to connect to a 97 Mustang today and couldn't connect to scan it. Is this because I don't have Ford credits? I thought I could connect to anything and scan, and read tunes without credits. Credits were for tuning only?

there is no support for a 97 mustang... only for 2005+, read the ford section

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Wow, you must be kiding. One of the most popular cars of all time, 94-2004 Mustang, and my $500 software wont even scan it. Why not HPT guys. Wow, just wow.

Ok, thanks, that answers my question. I can stop trying now.
    Last edited by ericwilloughby; 06-26-2009 at 04:54 AM.

even if it was supported you would need the Ford software to do it. GM, Ford, and Dodge all use different VSM suites from what i understand you would need each one to do each different manufacturer.

Advanced Tuner
    i dont see any separate vsm suites listed on the product page.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schardbody View Post
    even if it was supported you would need the Ford software to do it. GM, Ford, and Dodge all use different VSM suites from what i understand you would need each one to do each different manufacturer.
    Holy crap....I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by miker2 View Post
    i dont see any separate vsm suites listed on the product page.
    look at the order page, you have to select which manufacterer you need it for!

http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

I thought that was just for the credits...I think there is only one software. But I have no idea what it supports. What about the 03-04 Terminator Cobras. There has to be something for them.

Senior Tuner
    That is just for the credits. The VCM Suite is (will be) designed to accomidate all the makes that HP is planning to support, IN THE SAME PACKAGE. The credit selection on the initial purchase is where you decide what type your 8 free credits that ship with the package will be. This, of course, would be based on the car you are buying it for. YOU DON'T NEED CREDITS TO SCAN. You should be able to scan any of the supported vehicles for free.

The list of supported vehicles can be found here:

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php
    Last edited by ElecTech; 06-26-2009 at 05:58 AM.
    Jaime

VCM Suite Scanner is setup for all three: GM Ford Dodge
    Credits must be purchased to tune the vehicle and No, the 04 and earlier Mustangs aren't supported at this time.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks, that clears it all up. So what do 90's Mustang guys tune with? A fuel pressure regulator ? ha

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    That is just for the credits. The VCM Suite is (will be) designed to accomidate all the makes that HP is planning to support, IN THE SAME PACKAGE. The credit selection on the initial purchase is where you decide what type your 8 free credits that ship with the package will be. This, of course, would be based on the car you are buying it for. YOU DON'T NEED CREDITS TO SCAN. You should be able to scan any of the supported vehicles for free.

The list of supported vehicles can be found here:

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php
    that makes better sense! i guess i misunderstood!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwilloughby View Post
    Thanks, that clears it all up. So what do 90's Mustang guys tune with? A fuel pressure regulator ? ha
    A chip burner and an AFPR
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"