Thread: Valet Mode

Potential Tuner

Valet Mode

Is it possible and if so what is the procedure to introduce a 'valet' mode into the PCM with a seperate switch for turning it on. ie: if car goes in for a service, tyres or detail etc... flick switch hidden under dash tells VCM to limit the car say to 4000 rpm and 60kph (40mph) so it doesn't get thrashed by said people.

I believe that some of the European manufacturers have this as standard and I know of one tuner in OZ using another editor has been able to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training

Re: Valet Mode

It could probably be done with the perf/normal switch settings. Just a guess, but that's where I would start.

yeah it's doable but it's not something you will find in "another" editor. It requires operating system changes and was specifically done for him.

If we did it (no plans at the moment), it would be a licensed feature like 2bar etc.

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Sorry Chris, just presumed he was using 'another' editor as that is what he pushes.

Thought it sounded like a great idea and may have been easy to do.

Hey Rod,

It's definitely a great idea! I also like to this of this feature as "wife mode"

The trick is to make it work for everything US and Aussie, it is likely the spare inputs that could be used on Aussie cars (due to no ETC etc.) such as brake pedal switches, clutch pedal switches or other stuff would have to be differnt for US cars. Not a trivial job to just say "we now have valet mode", but we discussed it and it is on the list for future. LS2 is at #1 priority at the moment as you can probably understand

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

just make a bin file where the speed and rev limiters are uber low...say 30mph and 4000rpms in all situations...flash it before you bring it in for service seeing it only takes 25-30 seconds i dont think that will kill anyone.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

Chris, yep bring on LS2 ;D

Foff667, thats fine if your the one taking it in, but if a customer wants this feature than it is very difficult for them to come to you and than after service come back again to get reflashed, easier to flick a switch.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

ahh...i thought you just wanted it for yourself on occasion.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"