Thread: Speed density tuning in V1.6...

Speed density tuning in V1.6...

Sooo.... I heard it was supposed to be ultra easy in this version, but I don't see anything (obviously) related to telling the engine to switch between the MAF and VE table.

Would anyone like to give me (us?) a rundown as to how to do it?

Is it the simple "Closed Loop" and "Open Loop" buttons in the Scanner's "VCM Controls" section?
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Tuner

Re: Speed density tuning in V1.6...

Im with marc on this one as well. I was informed by another user, but have searched around the software, through the help, and the forum and havent found any info on this yet.

im mainly looking for the VE calculation and maf recalibration stuff.
    2000 Trans Am WS6 - Bright Red : 12.36 @ 110 - 1.832 60

228/232 .571/.588 113 LSA | JetHot LTs | Yank ST3500/2.5 | SLP lid

Tuner

Guys, as far as MAF calibration, you're still on your wits for that one... But tuning the VE table is made much easier now via the "Special Paste" function that allows you to take histogram data from the scanner and directly implement corrections to your tables in the editor... Before, many people were using home made excel calculators and things of that sort, or had to eyeball each VE cell one at a time to make adjustments... This is where SD tuning the VE becomes easier because now there's significantly decreased time in calculating a new table, so you can get back out on the road and test new tunes with decreased down time in between tunes...

As far as forcing the car into SD mode, it would be nice to have a button to do that, but it's really not that painstaking or difficult to set the DTCs or change MAF error parameters to force the SD operation...
    2002 Quicksilver Corvette Z06

And then...

I gotcha.

Is it still necessary to physically disconnect the MAF? That's not an option for me, with my IAT sensor in the MAF. I'm not keen on clipping wires, but I'll do it if I have to.

I could have sworn though, that there would be a function bult into V1.6 to force the motor to run off of MAF, or run off of VE. I don't have the time right now, but I'll run so searches in the various forums to see if I'm just making this stuff up, or what.
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Advanced Tuner

No it is no longer necessary to disconnect the MAF. Find the table labled MAF Fail Freq. and zero it out. It will automaticaly force the car into SD, and you will still retain the IAT function.

when using this method please ensure that the P0103 DTC is enabled and you are seeing P0103 in the DTC list.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

When I unplugged my MAF and drove around to try to tune my ltrims, my ltrims stayed at 0 for the whole 45min ride. Did I do something wrong? I wish I knew how to tune this damn truck. My ltrims, with the maf plugged in a crazy. My KR goes up to 9 deg. HELP!!!!
    02 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L LME 408 w/ET245, Kenne Bell 2.8L, Yank SC3000

Sweet. Thanks guys.

BTW: Here is the info I saw that stuck in my mind. (Sorry, didn't dig up the info on this site, even though it looks like that's where it originated).