Thread: How to setup tune for 60lb injectors

How to setup tune for 60lb injectors

I have done a lot of reading on the Mototron 60's. I cannot come up with definite numbers to use in the tune for them though. I received the injectors "flow matched" from Racetronix with no flow information

So here is what I have;

Offset vs Volts vs VAC: Left stock

Flow Rate vs KPA: From the Spread Sheet, 60lb @ 43.5, 58lb in my rails not boost referenced

Flow Rate Modifier vs Volts: Left Stock

Short Pulse Limit: 3.997

Short Pulse Adder: From my tune with 42lb injectors

Min Injector Pulse

Default Injector Pulse

I’ve also attached my tune. Any input is appreciated.
    RHS Block 427, Mast/ PI 275 Heads, A&A YSi SC, 3.125Pulley, 238/254 LSA116+5, Flip Drive, AR 1 7/8 Headers, Corsa Touring Cat Back, RPM Level VII Tranny/ Flexplate/ Drive Plate, PFADT Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft, RPM rebuilt DTE Stage 4 3.42s, Vigilante 3 Disk 2600 converter, Custom Fuel System with Dual A1000 Pumps, ID 1000 injectors, Triple Nozzle Alky Control, 3 Bar SD Tune using 2.5 MAP. 935rwhp 800rwt

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Mike, this is eb02z06 off the CF forum. When I had 60's on the stock bottom all I did was plug in the injectors with a 60 lb swing-meaning starting in the 60's at 0 and going up. All the offset tables etc stayed stock 02 Z06-car had decent fuel economy and idled and cruised at 14.7.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Quote Originally Posted by vortech
    Hey Mike, this is eb02z06 off the CF forum. When I had 60's on the stock bottom all I did was plug in the injectors with a 60 lb swing-meaning starting in the 60's at 0 and going up. All the offset tables etc stayed stock 02 Z06-car had decent fuel economy and idled and cruised at 14.7.
    I guess nobody has come up with a good set of numbers for the 60's still. There is a lot of post talking about them though....
    RHS Block 427, Mast/ PI 275 Heads, A&A YSi SC, 3.125Pulley, 238/254 LSA116+5, Flip Drive, AR 1 7/8 Headers, Corsa Touring Cat Back, RPM Level VII Tranny/ Flexplate/ Drive Plate, PFADT Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft, RPM rebuilt DTE Stage 4 3.42s, Vigilante 3 Disk 2600 converter, Custom Fuel System with Dual A1000 Pumps, ID 1000 injectors, Triple Nozzle Alky Control, 3 Bar SD Tune using 2.5 MAP. 935rwhp 800rwt

Tuner in Training

Heres mine

Quote Originally Posted by Mike04
    I guess nobody has come up with a good set of numbers for the 60's still. There is a lot of post talking about them though....
    Heres a copy of my tune, you can use what I have since Im running those same injectors. My fuel mileage sucks...like 23hwy never hot rodding and 10 to 12 city..some aggressive driving. I dont know if mine are set up incorrectly causing this mileage issue but they do idle nice and it runs well.
    Hope this helps.
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Thanks, that gives me something to look at

Senior Tuner
    Those injectors flow more than 60# at 3-bar (43.5psi). You have your IFR table too low. It needs to start around the 73 range.

See my post here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=120

Regards,

James
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Those injectors flow more than 60# at 3-bar (43.5psi). You have your IFR table too low. It needs to start around the 73 range.

See my post here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=120

Regards,

James
    I used 60 as the flow rate. I see that many use close to 63 when figuring the flow though. I haven't installed the injectors yet, I'll go with the 62.7 value when I do.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike04
    I used 60 as the flow rate. I see that many use close to 63 when figuring the flow though. I haven't installed the injectors yet, I'll go with the 62.7 value when I do.
    This is why:

http://www.racetronix.com/L107FM.html

Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training

siemens 60# flow rate

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD

2 questions:

1) at one point i could have sworn i saw that the siemens 60# FM injectors were at 62.7 lb/hr at 43.5. now that link shows 60.56 lb/hr. help, i'm confused now.

edit: found it. each 60# injector on the racetronix website has a different rating, 60.56, 63.20 and 62.70. i ASSUME my flow matched ones from Lonnies for my LS1 are the 60.56?!?

2) my 60# injectors are more than enough for what i need on my car. with my afpr would it make sense to turn the base pressure down from 58psi to say 50 or even 43.5 so the Min PW would be alot lower which would aid in tuning idle and give more resolution? bad idea?
    Last edited by mterveen; 12-05-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    01 SS Camaro, aps TT, 60# inj, SDOL, lonnies fuel system with return, AFPR, lots of bolt ons, no more money.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mterveen
    2 questions:

2) my 60# injectors are more than enough for what i need on my car. with my afpr would it make sense to turn the base pressure down from 58psi to say 50 or even 43.5 so the Min PW would be alot lower which would aid in tuning idle and give more resolution? bad idea?
    I personally would not worry about it, at 58 psi I have never had any issues with them idling funny or anything, and not sure how you would get more resolution with the pressure lower. It is all relative.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6
    I personally would not worry about it, at 58 psi I have never had any issues with them idling funny or anything, and not sure how you would get more resolution with the pressure lower. It is all relative.

ok thanks. i was thinking with the lower pressure you would be able to more easily meet the min PW demands at idle if needed, e.g. if the injector flows "X" lbs/hr at 58psi at a min PW of 1ms, then it would flow the same "X" lbs/hr at 43.5 psi at a PW of 1.4 ms (only an example). that way you wouldn't bump into the lower PW constraints of the large injectors.
    01 SS Camaro, aps TT, 60# inj, SDOL, lonnies fuel system with return, AFPR, lots of bolt ons, no more money.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mterveen
    ok thanks. i was thinking with the lower pressure you would be able to more easily meet the min PW demands at idle if needed, e.g. if the injector flows "X" lbs/hr at 58psi at a min PW of 1ms, then it would flow the same "X" lbs/hr at 43.5 psi at a PW of 1.4 ms (only an example). that way you wouldn't bump into the lower PW constraints of the large injectors.
    You should not have any issues making these idle right.
    The only issues I have ever run into were on decel and some part throttle stuff on the MAF cars, these number provided in the other thread about these injectors have really worked out well on this car.

This one is a 427 though, so it will be interesting to see how it works out on a stock cube motor.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6
    You should not have any issues making these idle right.
    The only issues I have ever run into were on decel and some part throttle stuff on the MAF cars, these number provided in the other thread about these injectors have really worked out well on this car.

This one is a 427 though, so it will be interesting to see how it works out on a stock cube motor.

sounds good. car is in storage for the winter so unfortunately won't have any time soon to test. also will be doing the e85 switch so i'll need extra fuel anyway.