Thread: Looking for advice, and how to swap in a 2 bar map

Looking for advice, and how to swap in a 2 bar map

My setup is a 99 camaro with a turbo running 10psi at the moment.

I set the PE v RPM v time table to 0. I have added fuel using only the injector flow rate v map sensor. For right now I just have the very end of the table set to a low number so that it runs rich at full boost, but I'm assuming that it must be running really rich when its not at full boost.

So if I plug in a GTP map, I have to rescale the injector flow rate table, and the Primary VE table, is there anything else?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64
    99 3.8L camaro, corn fuel, turbocharged.
    98 formula LS6, lid, SLP DD, 65lb inj.

Advanced Tuner

Re: Looking for advice, and how to swap in a 2 bar

alot of good info there are 2 and 3 bar map sensors..

IMHO wait for the new features.. work with an FMU for right now..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

I don't have an FMU, I only have 43 lb injectors.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix64
    I don't have an FMU, I only have 43 lb injectors.

Well.. In that case.. while there are ways around tuning for that type of a configuration.. none of them are really all that safe or accurate..

If i was in your possition I wold probably run an fmu for the time beaing..
    Untill 2 bar map sensors become a good option..

have you been to a dyno yet?

what are you A/F's like?
    I hope you arnt the person i saw on camarov6.com the other day saying that their AF was at like 15-16 at wot..
    -Bill

Yep that was me. It runs great now, and I have a wideband on order. I was originaly leaning it out instead of richening it. Oh well. 16:1 air fuel and 12 degress of knock. How the engine didn't blow is beyond me. So what I did to tune it was richen the hell out of it, then lean it out till it stopped running faster, then went a little bit richer than that. It wasn't anywhere near as hard to tune as everyone said it would be. Oh and no knock at all from idle to redline.

Pulls as hard as my buddies 13sec IROC with a cold turbo on 10psi of boost. Its really amazing how well it runs for a blind tune.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix64
    Yep that was me. It runs great now, and I have a wideband on order. I was originaly leaning it out instead of richening it. Oh well. 16:1 air fuel and 12 degress of knock. How the engine didn't blow is beyond me. So what I did to tune it was richen the hell out of it, then lean it out till it stopped running faster, then went a little bit richer than that. It wasn't anywhere near as hard to tune as everyone said it would be. Oh and no knock at all from idle to redline.

Pulls as hard as my buddies 13sec IROC with a cold turbo on 10psi of boost. Its really amazing how well it runs for a blind tune.

thats an f-ing miricle.. 16:1 at wot?? good god..

well i am glad things have worked them selfs out for a while..

again my advice is slap an FMU on there.. or relax till we have better ways to run 2-3 bar sensors..

PM/email keith or chris and let them know you are also looking for this functionality..

there are (by my count) I belive 4 users allready interested in doing this asap..

and who knows how many "slackers" who are FI but have not found the light of HPT yet..

-Bill