Thread: 98 corvette computer crapout

Tuner in Training

98 corvette computer crapout

I'm working on a 98 with a Z06 motor. while uploading a tune it went into retry mode multiple times. The car went into reduced power mode at that time. When i retried to flash calibration only it went in to recovery mode and it license window came up asking for license for a 97 corvette. the car is a 98 corvette. I reset the pcm with the battery and checked all fuses...no help. Any ideas??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    were you doing a write entire or a write calibration only at the time?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue with a 1998 car. Have not turned the car off yet, battery is stable and on trickle while I figure this out. Symptoms seem identical. What do I do next?

Dave

Same problem, jumping between retry modes. 07 colorado. Anyone know what to do?

Consistent Voltage to ECM is essential while reading or writing, heard inconsistent volts while reading/writing could damage ECM. good luck! or make sure your laptop is fully charged also. hope this helps.
    Last edited by CTP Racing; 06-08-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    98 Camaro, LS1 built, P1SC, methanol intercooled, AFR 205 heads, 48lb injectors
    2 bar speed density setup,LC-1, TH400, 3500 stall speed, gear vendor, built 9", . Just a drag car.