Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fpcm tuning

Potential Tuner
    My tuner tried everything possible but at the end I just put the stock pumps back in and drove it for the season, The car started to lean out with the stock fpr in at high rpm. With the dw pump and dw fpr the pressure always remained at 108 psi. best way with dw300 drop ins is to get a aux pump run a return system and get rid of the fpcm completely. Put in a flex fuel sensor and call it day. Much easier to make power on the dyno and easy to dial it in.
    My car made 685 whp on stock pumps, id 1050 injectors pump gas no meth or ethanol didnt get any p0231 for that time being.

You do need to tune the FPCM for the DSX aux to work properly. We do this on all the cars we build. Both pumps will run without issue if the vheicle is using the fuel and pressure will stay high and steady.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Not a fan of those aux kits. For autos they seem to get along OK. For manual's its hit or miss. Biggest issues are pressure spikes after lifting off the gas. Fuel pressure will be a up and down mess driving the car sorta hard but granny shifting too. Above a certain pressure most injectors won't fire.

"they" will tell you that it's in the FPCM but the same spot your using in the table in decel when pressure is too high is also used normally driving the car. Too much of a hack for us.. We won't install them anymore.

Notice in the help file there is no prescribed method in how to do it.. rather it leaves you with "sometimes you have to do the heavy lifting yourself"
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

oh and by the way hello Jason....open mouth - insert foot...LOL. no secrets here

Potential Tuner
    I just used my stock fuel pump time being. I dont know why but with dw300c pumps my car would throw fuel pump circuit code and shut 1 pump off completely( go into limp mode) At high rpms the car would starting running lean, at steady cruising fuel pressure was touching 108 psi, however there was also a auto ctsv there at the same time, same fuel system as mine it was running completely fine? We tried everything possible even messing with the fpcm but car wasnt having it. New fpcm also installed but no luck, along with new set of dw300c pumps, even a new fuel pump basket. Maybe because its a manual? No clue, but I needed the car back on the road so threw in the oem pumps and had enough injector, limited power to 700 whp. Last month I was messing with it again and threw in those pumps again, Same code popped up again...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctsv_96 View Post
    I just used my stock fuel pump time being. I dont know why but with dw300c pumps my car would throw fuel pump circuit code and shut 1 pump off completely( go into limp mode) At high rpms the car would starting running lean, at steady cruising fuel pressure was touching 108 psi, however there was also a auto ctsv there at the same time, same fuel system as mine it was running completely fine? We tried everything possible even messing with the fpcm but car wasnt having it. New fpcm also installed but no luck, along with new set of dw300c pumps, even a new fuel pump basket. Maybe because its a manual? No clue, but I needed the car back on the road so threw in the oem pumps and had enough injector, limited power to 700 whp. Last month I was messing with it again and threw in those pumps again, Same code popped up again...
    Did you log it with all the FPCM parameters and see what it is doing??? Prob drawing too many amps, was the wiring done properly?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere