Thread: Dyno Report

Dyno Report

Tuning by HPTuner program. Results for your information. First dyno test. Stock motor. Rented Gerry's dyno in Salem, VA (Commonwealth Kinetics) for 1.5 hrs. Various tunes loaded in. Stock result was 442/416. My v 9 tune was 476/447. Funny video, but too long to upload, Gerry stares at monitor and says "475 Good God!" Photo of run attached.

I got 4-5 * of KR 4500 RPM and up, and the AFR told me to enriched the PE a bit there, so I might squeek a bit more out.

See you at Carlisle!

What is your combo?
    If you're H&C that is an AWESOME combo you have!

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

No H nor C. It's bone stock. Just the tune, I'm still working on at 4500+, needs a little richer. If there's a handy dyno at Carlisle this weekend, I'll run it again just to see.

Tuner in Training
    2006 Z06, I would assume, and that's absolutely amazing. The LS7 is a work of art, as is the C6 itself.

Ahhh... Forgot about the 427... Hehehe Still a very nice runner!

BTW: I have found these engines like a little less fuel at the top. Say 13.2 `ish.

You'll be knocking on 500 and ~460 tq with a set of Kooks long tubes if you want to go that route.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Well, I never thought of that. I'll thin it out starting at above 6000 and drop it off from there.

Previous to vehicle deliver I studied GM's programming, and found there was alot of pulling timing at higher temps, even normal (high) running temps. (ECT vs cylinder airmass was a giveaway) How odd! Instead of bolting on equipment to raise power and heat, I speculated on insulating the heat instead.

The first thing I did when receiving the car was to insulate every line, exhaust, intake, I wrapped and shielded everything, and tossed the engine covers. I put a DeWitt radiator and 160* Tstat. It runs 180-190, back to back dyno pulls are 200. A push fan and vented hood will complete the project.

I like to believe running in this temperature range might have contributed to thermal effeciency.
    Last edited by Kelp; 08-22-2006 at 11:40 PM.