Thread: how do i make a table for MAF and WB AFR

how do i make a table for MAF and WB AFR

wonderign if anyone has a table setup to log my wideband and the MAF Hz so i can "calibrate the MAF" using my WB.
    thanks

Per the instructions in the help files under the Speed Density Tuning section.
    There is already a preconfigured Histogram call MAF - AFR Error.hst

Dialing in the MAF

To re-enable the MAF simply plug it back in (if you previously unplugged it) and set your MAF Fail requency back to its original value and write it to the vehicle.
    Load the MAF - AFR Error.hst histogram.
    Make sure you log MAF in Hz in the table and go for a drive.
    Hit as many of the higher frequency cells as possible as many times as possible
    Copy & paste special-multiply % to your MAF airflow vs. frequency table & smooth
    Save & load new calibration
    Repeat if necessary
    Again the cells in the histogram should get closer & closer to 0% indicating 0% difference between actual AFR and commanded AFR.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

thanks man.

Load the MAF - AFR Error.hst histogram

ok this part i cant find where is it at?
    in the PIDs??

Open up the scanner. Open the Histogram window. On the top left you'll see the Import Histogram button that looks like a open folder icon. Click that and it should take you too all the Histograms (C:\program files\HP Tuners\VCM Suite 2\Histograms\MAF - AFR Error.hst)
    Just choose the MAF - AFR Error.hst and click open.

Are you using the newest HPT version?
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

YES I AM thansk a bunch ill try it tonight

Advanced Tuner
    What's the Maf HI - afr error?? I have that in my list... can't seem to get that one to work...
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post it & I'll see what I can make of it...I dont remember that one being in my list.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Here it is, can't figure out what logs it needs to use, but not supported in any variation I toss at it.
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

Quote Originally Posted by WS6Fury
    Here it is, can't figure out what logs it needs to use, but not supported in any variation I toss at it.
    You need to log Commanded AFR in Hi-Res for that one to work. Lo-Res will work as well......

MAF Hi is for LS2 engines where the MAF is split into a Lo table and a Hi table.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zick
    Open up the scanner. Open the Histogram window. On the top left you'll see the Import Histogram button that looks like a open folder icon. Click that and it should take you too all the Histograms (C:\program files\HP Tuners\VCM Suite 2\Histograms\MAF - AFR Error.hst)
    Just choose the MAF - AFR Error.hst and click open.
    i tried doing this and my number 8 histogram says: This Histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters.
    2003 Silverado SS -6.0L - 4L65e - AWD
    2008 GMC Sierra CCSB - All stock
    2011 Chevy Traverse

To log any MAF vs parameters you must be logging MAF Hz on the table. Just right click, insert, Engine.Airflow.MAF Hz

Tuner
    i guess thats why i'm so confused, when i right click, insert, engine, airflow, ? no maf hz to choose, its not there?
    2011 Chevy Traverse

Didn't you have a problem with the scanner recognizing your Operating System in another thread?

EC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Didn't you have a problem with the scanner recognizing your Operating System in another thread?

EC

yes, i did, but today it started working again??? lol

anyway, now my maf hz is showing up also. so now i can start maf tuning.

EC, can you explain the copy-paste multiply % thing that zick is talking about above? not sure exactly what i'm supposed to do with the data i have now?
    2011 Chevy Traverse

Select the Scanner data in the histogram (Click & drag or select the whole table) Right click Copy
    Go to Editor. Select the MAF table and the cell you started with in the Scanner (eg. 2500) Right click and select Special Multiply% Left click again. Done...