Thread: Forget VE tuning, stick with PE!!

Forget VE tuning, stick with PE!!

seriously, i've been trying to dial in my VE and AFR to a tee, but with no luck... log after log after log!! it's just too long a process with not much results for stock cars to mess with until we get cams/supercharger/heads etc, there'd be no point..

I stuck my car back into closed loop tonight, set the PE Enrichment to what AFR i wanted it at, and oh my gosh, how good it is

Here's a couple examples of a VE calibration i was tuning for 3 days straight, look at the PE calibration i did within an hour. Plz keep your eyes on the WB02 chart line and tell me what you think looks smoother and much more functional. Also plz keep in mind that my LM1 scaaner reads 0.4 less then what the HPT scanner reads
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 08-07-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Whew! Check the knock... Your truck is rattling pretty hard.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Whew! Check the knock... Your truck is rattling pretty hard.

EC
    Wow, thats the first thing I saw.Check into that

I've been trying to get rid of it for soo long!! stock trailblazers get like 6-7 counts of KR on WOT runs :S So I'm presuming it does have something to do with how hot it is over here... either way since u guys think it looks like a problem, i've turned down the spark by 1 degree on all tables, HI/LO PE HI/LO and upped the Knock Base Retad attack by a few decimals... ill take a log run and see how this goes...

but in all, wouldn't u agree that by reading the WB02 chart line shows that PE tuning seems to be the best thing?? (in terms of overall time, and best effect)
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 08-09-2006 at 06:48 AM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

I would put the HO & LO spark tables back and work on the IAT Spark adjustment. That way if it ever gets below 100 over there your performance won't dive.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!