Thread: What is the ACTUAL MVPI2 situation?

Senior Tuner

What is the ACTUAL MVPI2 situation?

Where are the physical units at to be released?

I have a faulty MVPI1 interface (again) that I cannot use to do my daily job. I was told I can purchase a brand new unit, they will not repair it. I happened to check out the website and noticed there is a new interface coming out (and my old login doesnt work nor is there a tune repository) I would have been seriously PISSED if I just bought a new outdated interface right there. So now Im stuck. Ive already bricked 3 ecus that I have to pay for out of pocket doing write entires before I finally figured out what the root cause was (thought it was another worn out USB cable but it was actually another worn out interface)

When are the v2 ACTUALLY going to be at peoples doorsteps? After seeing the upgrade path I would have ordered the $189 MVPI2 upgrade already so I could continue working and deal with the pain in the ass fact I cant use wideband import for the time being - but I am NOT buying another outdated interface then have to turn around and upgrade that to v2 that is rediculous is it not?

I think its pretty poor practice to roll out a new site without letting people know that you have to redo your login, doesnt have repository any more, and you cant get immediate access to features you previously had. Why wouldnt you put site together on back end have couple people test it out, and put it online when it all actually worked and the product was actually ready for release????

Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Suppose to be today, Big still out of stock on the website...

I feel ya a little.. I?ve maxed out my credit slots this weekend and no longer able to tune new unlicensed vehicles and still waiting on support

Senior Tuner
    I wish (wish in one hand shit in the other) HPTuners would say "Hey this guy has been with us since day 1 switching from LS1Edit to HPTuner, we should help him out, maybe let him send his interface in and we can resolder a USB receptacle in his unit that works or better yet, send him a legacy style interface that he can use in the meantime and get up and running immediately - maybe put a hold on his credit card until it comes back to us if we must, but lets support the customers that have supported us for over 10 years."

Im holding this interface I cant use though, shit in that hand and wishes in the other LOL

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Please open a support ticket. It's easier for us to handle support issues via the ticketing system.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Please open a support ticket. It's easier for us to handle support issues via the ticketing system.
    I did. i was told to buy a new OLD interface Keith. Ill open a new one maybe 2nd times a charm

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Warranty??
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods