Thread: Using fuel spray bar or 8 jet to remedy GEN5 fuel limitations

Tuner

Using fuel spray bar or 8 jet to remedy GEN5 fuel limitations

Has anyone added a nitrous fuel bar or 8 jets instead of the expensive port injection solution? Running out of fuel on the LT4
    means HP is fairly high, thus not really useable power on the streets unless equipped with Drag tires. The choice of DR tires are excellent choice for the drag strip, but poor choice for street unless your real careful around corners. My point is this extra fuel system is really only needed during half mile event or drag strip or maybe the odd pull with street tires while you?re doing mach3 speeds . I am thinking of adding nitrous fuel system activated by electronic box using both tps and rpm with maybe an extra fuel cell with 110 octane. Has there been any issues with fuel distribution with these kits? Is a fuel bar better than 8 jets. The fuel bar or 8 jets will be install after the intercooler inside the supercharger. I believe it would be fairly easy to tune fuel lambda while this extra fuel system is in use

Sure you can do that!!! Just set it up off a pressure sensor to come on at boost!!
    I?ve done the same thing for direct port meth!! Same concept...

Helping a friend do a port injection kit and we have a 2 gallon tank with its own pump and c16 and it?s boost setup and using a GM ECU VE table to add fuel in boost

Tuner
    Ben any success with port injection. I decided to drive the car as is for summer. this winter will make some injectors sleeves and somehow install a port injection. planning to use a holley ecu however not sure yet. currently running around 14 psi and fuel system is on the edge .

My plug and play Holley port injection kits have been out for a while now. Quite effective, and will solve you fueling issues when combined with enough low pressure pump.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I would run Chris PI setup above before I ran anything else out there!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I would run Chris PI setup above before I ran anything else out there!!
    Hi Ben, check your mail please.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160