Thread: Data logging request

Tuner

Data logging request

It would be nice to have a check box on the Data Logging Functions dialog box that would all only the "new" logs to be downloaded. The way things currently are if you don't delete the existing logs you will be forced to download them again the next time you create a new log. With the check box checked it would only download the logs that have not been previously downloaded.

Tim

Advanced Tuner
    but why would you want to store already downloaded logs on the cable? just decreases your total logging time

perhaps a "delete after download" radio button?
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Tuner
    No matter how it is done the current scheme lacks in flexibility. I'm sure someone will jump down my throat for suggesting that not everything is perfect with the software but as you start to use things frequently you find where things could be improved that would eliminate a lot of little aggrivations.

The charting in the package could also stand some enhancements. Visual markers would be nice... select and zoom would be nice... select and avg/min/max would be nice, zoom full would be nice.

Tim
    Last edited by Tim05GTO; 07-22-2006 at 10:44 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim05GTO
    No matter how it is done the current scheme lacks in flexibility. I'm sure someone will jump down my throat for suggesting that not everything is perfect with the software but as you start to use things frequently you find where things could be improved that would eliminate a lot of little aggrivations.

The charting in the package could also stand some enhancements. Visual markers would be nice... select and zoom would be nice... select and avg/min/max would be nice, zoom full would be nice.

Tim
    As far as standalone logging goes I would love to see a full fledged cancel button because I've hit the read logs button by accident when I've had 6-7 logs and it takes a couple of minutes to run through the entire thing. I too have just become accustomed to just deleting logs after I've downloaded them. I think their main goal was to get it functional for everyone rather then have you wait for little add on features like the one your talking about. I agree visual markers would be nice, and there is a zoom feature by using your +/- keys.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"