Thread: A few histogram ?

Tuner in Training

A few histogram ?

Hi newbie here!!! Just crossed over from ls1edit(4 yrs) to hptuners. A few ??s
    With the histograms is the objective to get to zero or near it? Are the values in histogram approx. what you should remove from ve tables??
    The colors in histograms(pink,dark pink, green and blue) what do they represent? Blue seems to be the cell i am in. green seems to be where I need to be , but the pink ones!!! Means how far off I am???
    Last not but not least ,I've seen it before, Some one wrote a simple step
    by step procedure to dial in ve tables. BTW this is a c5 and if I remember correctly disconnecting the maf seems to also disable something else. Sorry for the long post.......Just very curious and motivated.!!!

Advanced Tuner

Re:  A few histogram ?

For fuel trimming, I aim for slightly rich conditons in all cells, something in the order of -2 to -6.

Tuner in Training

Thanks .Any response to the rest of the questions.

Tuner in Training

Re: A few histogram ?

BTW... I 've read the post from ws6snakeater..very informative, but need to know some of the simple stuff i.e colors in histogram meaning. thanks

Potential Tuner

In fuel trims, red/pink is lean, Green is rich. The darker the colour means it is further from ideal.

Tuner in Training

Re: A few histogram ?

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSBlack
    In fuel trims, red/pink is lean, Green is rich. The darker the colour means it is further from ideal.
    Thanks for the info!!! So in histograms do I take the cell value i.e.15 if the value is in green and and subtract from same cell in ve?? Going from say a 89 to74 ?? If so lowering the ve table in general leans it?? I know this is old news to most of you , but I am trying to speed up my learning curve since most of my tuning has been with ls1edit for the last few years. thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner

This will help to understand it.

http://ls1sounds.com/temp/ls1tuninginfo.doc