Thread: flash connection problem..please help

Tuner in Training

flash connection problem..please help

I am using your HP Tuners to tune my 1998 Vette. I have always seemed to have trouble with connecting (sometimes it would work ...sometimes not).

I have the most recent update. The problem occured before I updated today.
    Ken or keith,

Yesterday I went to flash the PCM. I accidently hit "write entire VCM". During the flash things "locked up". I then disconnected the laptop and shut things down. Now I cannot get the HP tuners to connect. I cannot even get the voltage to show on the bottom of the screen. sometimes it reads .1 other times there is no number at all. Today I tried to write "calibration only" seemed like it was working...with 38 sec left and the program I believe was verifying the flash......locked up at 38 sec......now "cannot find VCM.

I am also getting all types Service problems on the cars dash display.

I have a fully charged battery. I am using the keyspan usb adapter. The light is on and blinking...never goes solid.(is it supposed too?) The HP box is warm.

I checked the ALDL plug it has power.

Have I screwed up the computer? What are my options at this point? Why did things lock up initially?

Could you please help me with my problem....I know some of the things I did were wrong!!!

On a side note...when I was installing the starter I accidently shorted the wrench to ground...so well it welded it to the frame for approx 5-10 sec. Do you think this could have destroyed the PCM.....no fuses were blown.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you fried the pcm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"