Thread: Anyone else tune an LS7 here?

Anyone else tune an LS7 here?

This week I should have the upgraded cable to finally get into the PCM on our ZO6. My research thus far regarding the tuning for this motor sounds like the following places need some tweaking but wanted to see what others are playing with.

I know for sure that WOT PE needs serious leaning out. This thing is pig rich with AFR's in the 11.5-11.8 range. From what I understand as well, the table that has IAT vs. load for spark has -8 to -12 degree timing retards at temps in the 75-90 degree range.

We just installed LT headers and it seems like the car has a slight bucking in the 2000-3000 rpm range. From what little logging I have done with a hand held scanner the LTRIM's are -10 to -15 %. I think the headers have changed the MAF load and caused the car to run real rich at low speeds. I haven't seen it yet but I here that there is a hi and low MAF table. Seems like the new style MAF's on this motor is more sensitive then the LS2's are.

Anyone have any insight on the LS7 tuning?

Thanks

Nothin' huh!

Senior Tuner
    There is some good info in this thread.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5814

Tuner in Training
    We have done over a dozen of them now. They run pig rich from the factory. You will see huge gains from just the AFR alone.

Rick

Rick,

Your not kidding! Can't wait to clean it up.

Nice article I read regarding your shop in Corvette magazine!

What are you guys doing with the timing? I see the IAT vs. load table is pretty mean! I know the heads are pretty efficient; can they take more timing without knock?

Thanks

Howard