Thread: AEM X-series wideband (30-0300) setup via EGR L67 formula in 3.0 (standard interface)

Tuner in Training

Question AEM X-series wideband (30-0300) setup via EGR L67 formula in 3.0 (standard interface)

I just want to check in here before i go off wasting time, maybe some of you have used this wideband before? I just setup everything i wanted to log and use to tune a 04 MC SS with L67 supercharged 3800 v6. This is the first time i will be using the new AEM x-series wideband (30-0300) vs the old uego. The standard analog 0-5v output is hooked into the brown EGR wire as normal as i have the standard interface. I just wanted some input on if my formulas look correct at least as a starting block, i realize theres always some small adjustment to be made after the fact to line things up.

Main differences on this wideband being 0.5V=8.5AFR and 4.5V=18AFR so the scaling is different than your "standard" wideband and obviously different than the other AEM units ive used this far.

30-0300.png
    wideband.png
    wideband2.png

Are the screenshots of the manual for this wideband and the formulas you're trying to use?

They obviously don't match.. so I don't quite follow. You should be using what AEM says the AFR or lambda formula is...
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Yes that's the manual from the wideband and settings I had preliminarily entered lol. That's why I'm asking for help here for the correct formula. To be honest to this point I've only copied others numbers for select widebands. Thus I don't know what I should be entering here. Please excuse my ignorance on this subject I couldn't find any threads actually showing the correlation between the stated voltages and readings to the formula entered for egr input. Seems the majority have the pro interface and I can't find a single post about this fairly new wideband from aem.

I'd change the formulas to match the manual you posted

Tuner in Training
    Ok well I'm using gasoline afr. So I see the manual shows AFR is (2.3750*volts)+7.3125 I'm not sure how to apply this. Again I've never done these formulas myself as I've just copied others with the same wideband and adjusted accordingly to take into account any irregularities.

So my assumption would be (2.3750*[2811.10])+7.3125 or am I off base here on my thinking? I mean that is what the manual is telling me right? Why is every other formula I see voltage/.5 +the lowest afr reading?

They aren't

Some are, not all, though. Regardless, that formula looks right to me though compared to the aem manual. Give it a shot.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Will do. Thanks for the assistance. I'll report back when I log tomorrow with the results for future searchers.

Advanced Tuner
    Be sure that the " Analog - " ( brown ) wire from the gauge is grounded at the input ( EGR ) side. The "Analog - " line controls the ground offset compensation. So, it needs to match whatever the sensor input THINKS is ground. Leaving it floating will produce random offset errors.

Tuner in Training
    good to note, the car has the brown analog negative output from the wideband grounded to the chassis to its own separate ground. Only the white 0-5v signal was run into the engine bay to connect to the EGR input. I just got a little logging in tonight maybe 2 mins worth to see and i had the key on with the car not running to see if it lined up and i couldn't tell with the naked eye so i took some pictures using burst mode on my iphone and some match spot on and others are up to .4 off but im not sure if its just delay because the next frame it will be within .1 of what was displayed on the wideband. Ill be able to get some better testing done in the morning when im actually going to tune.

Tuner in Training
    This was the example i was talking about in the last post. Dont mind the other parameters the AFR is yellow in row 2 of the chart. Note picture one both the AFRs on the gauge display and vcm scanner match. Photo 2 scanner=15.14 aem=15.09, 1 frame later youll see photo 3 scanner now showing 15.14 like the previous frame but the wideband has now also updated to new data 15.18.

Please note if you have not used the 30-0300 AEM unit the refresh rate is faster than any other wideband on the market. Also note if i turn the gauge display to 3 digit output via faceplate and scanner to xx.x output they seem to mate up perfectly. (example photo 2 if the last digit was taken away and rounding in place they would both say 15.1). Again will have to do some testing as far as extreme rich and extreme lean to see how accurate the numbers stay.

13518126_296890233987019_990910465_o.jpg
    13509825_296890283987014_1659254963_o.jpg
    13509462_296890287320347_1448710136_o.jpg

Looks awfully close to me!

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    The 30-0300 uses 14.65 as the stioch ratio. Not 14.7.

If you are using 14.7 as the fuel constant in your math, 15.09 x 14.70/14.65 = 15.14

Pretty damn close, for analog

The best way to check it is to use lambda.

Hello,

Allow me to intervene to explain my problem with my WB AEM 30-4110 ( my apologies to Builtperformance for this intrusion on your post ), this problem has existed for a very very very long time...

I have an Impala SS 2004 with the same engine, L67 Supercharged. I can't run my WB AEM with HP Tuners Pro. I have 4 wires from the AEM gauge, red for the power 12V ( i plugged to the fuses box under the hood ), the black for the ground to the position number 5 to the MPVI Pro interface with another wire to go out the position number 5 to a ground surface inside the binnacle of my car, the blue wire from the AEM to the position number 1 of the MPVI Pro interface ( input 1 ) and the white wire ( for analog output ) to the light brown on my EGR wire ( 0-5 V ) and it doesn't work...

I've done a scan log this evening, i use the latest version of HPT 3.2.9

Scan test with AEM WB.hpl

Any help would be really appreciated because i am really lost...

Excuse me for my english because usully it's not my language.

Jean-Francois OLIVER.
    Last edited by Hendrix68; 06-27-2016 at 07:53 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_2M2uGSKs

Ed made this video that might help

You basically have to create a "math parameter" (press ctrl+m) to convert the voltage from the EGR port to an AFR or lambda value. Then use the math parameter in charts/graphs as desired.

Thanks for the rapid reply ! I'll check that...

Jean-Francois OLIVER.

Ok, after several test with those video from Ed ( thanks A LOT ! ), i discovered a problem with my EGR, i explain:

When i start my engine with VCM scanner, the tension reading ( Volt ) i have on the channels board with ''EGR Sensor'' is 0,75 V mostly on idle, and my AFR in VCM scanner is 11,49 ( ok, come from the EMS calibration table from my AEM 30-4110 wideband installation instructions ), when i accelerate gradually, the tension of the EGR on the channels increase and the AFR too ( on VCM scanner ), but when i decelerate and when i put the gas pedal to WOT position, my tension ( from the EGR channels ) stay at 0,75 V ?

For the grounding wires, i put the ground from my AEM gauge to the position 5 into the MPVI Pro interface and a second wire go out from the same place to the negative ground battery.

I think i have a problem here...

Thanks to you guys... Jean-Francois OLIVER.
    Last edited by Hendrix68; 07-11-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Builtperformance View Post
    Ok well I'm using gasoline afr. So I see the manual shows AFR is (2.3750*volts)+7.3125 I'm not sure how to apply this. Again I've never done these formulas myself as I've just copied others with the same wideband and adjusted accordingly to take into account any irregularities.

So my assumption would be (2.3750*[2811.10])+7.3125 or am I off base here on my thinking? I mean that is what the manual is telling me right? Why is every other formula I see voltage/.5 +the lowest afr reading?
    Thanks for laying out the formula! The AEM Xseries 30-0300 works great as well now for my C5 using the AC pressure switch PID 7101.10

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Builtperformance View Post

thank you very much for this. Like Mrc5z, I also used A/C pressure sensor PID and it works... only thing I have to work on is getting the analog offset to match up good

This will help with the math and offset adjustments.....

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]