Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flex Fuel 6.2 Silverado

The 6.2 thinks it has 10% no matter how much it has in it.

I guess I'm confused as to how the "Alcohol %" PID works then in the Table Display. Can somebody explain?

Mine is just like yours Higgs, looks ready to go for E85. I'm not sure why they would come enabled with virtual sensor on and not support it in the tables. It looks easier to just shut if off.

Have you progressed any further on making yours E85 compatible?
    Last edited by mm_n_p; 06-27-2015 at 05:45 PM.

I just made a separate tune for E85 and one for 93. I could install a sensor and make it so I don't need to change tunes whenever I change fuels.... I now run E85 only in my C7 and have been running 93 in my truck lately as it's just easier to get fuel. I put 1900 miles on the Vette in the first year so I don't need to gas up randomly, I can plan it.

Apologies if bumping an old thread.

I'm in the process of enabling e85 sensor and adding the correct parameters on an L83 Non-Flex Fuel Sierra.

In comparing a stock Flex Fuel tune, two things stand out:

Sensor is set to "Sensor" on Flex trucks and is set to "Virtual" on Non-Flex.

The stoich table is set up to richen up the mixture as the % of alcohol increases only on Flex model.

I didn't see a change in timing add from tune to tune for alcohol, but possibly this table is only referenced if the sensor can detect the alcohol content?

I'll post screen shots later, hope that helps
    Last edited by Closer_2001; 11-27-2016 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added clarity