Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wideband usage - Which one and how's it going.

Question Wideband usage - Which one and how's it going.

Just wanted to get some idea of the wideband that people are using.
    Post as follows if you will:

Wideband in use (Link if you wish)
    Auxillary items
    Results

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    PLX Devices M-250
    PLX AFR gauge.
    Narrowband output to stock B2S1 O2 sensor connector. 15 ohm wire wound resistor to simulate 02 sensor heater. Added quick disconnects for gauge, wideband output and narrowband output.

I have had no problems in general operation. Works like a champ.
    No calibration of the sensor is required with the PLX which I think is a plus. Replacement sensors are ~$50 shipping included.

However: I broke the damn gauge somehow. I think it was Ken's fault...
    I have an RMA but haven't sent back yet.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Dynojet Wideband Commander

Wired in as a standalone wideband, second bungs in both headers. Occassionally i swap sides to check. Always check both sides on dyno.

Connected right out of the box, never even looked at their software or loaded the CD. Been constantly connected to the car for maybe 18months now, never had an issue. Comes with standalone gauge that is pretty neat.

Checked accuracy against numerous dyno widebands and never seen any noticeable difference.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Innovate Motorsports LM - 1

I used it in my 05 GTO all weekend acting as both a wideband and as a narrowband sensor. I used MPVI Pro to log the WB data. The only thing I had to do for the LM-1 was create two cables for the two analog outputs comming from the LM-1 box. One cable went to the ECM B2S1 harness connector and the other went to the MPVI Pro. The LM-1 worked flawlessly all weekend.

I spent alot of time debating between the LC-1 and LM-1. Two things sent me towards the LM-1... 1) there is no guessing about what is going on with the WB sensor. It is all on the display. The LC-1 requires you to hook up a LED and count the number of flashes... good for a permanent install but not when you need to switch between vehicles. 2) Portability... I can move it too a different vehicle in no time and I don't always need the laptop as it can log 44 min of data directly.

Tim

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    LM-1 here as well...a little more expensive then some of th eother kits out there but very portable from car to car which works out well in my situation
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    LM-1 here as well...a little more expensive then some of th eother kits out there but very portable from car to car which works out well in my situation
    I agree! LM-1 works nice real nice!

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

I"m using the Innovate LC-1. Works really well and, once I get my MPVI upgrade, will work directly with HPTuners.

Install was kindof a pain, due to the odd directions for the grounds. It is still somewhat of a mystery, but mine is working thus far.

I went for the LC-1 since it was the cheapest, and I don't particulary care if I have a gauge or not, however the Innovate gauge is direct plug and play for the device.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

LC-1 here, but would have gone with the LM-1 if I ever planned on tuning multiple vehicles. Mine is permanently installed, and hooked to an XD-1 gauge. To me, I'd recommend the XD-1 with the LC-1, no questions asked. Over the past two weeks I've had the gauge installed, I've been able to find two BIG errors on my part that I didn't even notice until now.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    I have used the LM1, DynoJet and now an AEM. The AEM is by far the easiest to connecto to a vehicle, followed by the LM1 and then the DynoJet (sorry Ken ). Last night I got a chance to try out my AEM on a buddy's 1974 LS6 powered Camaro ... although he is in the process of getting it ready for paint (no interior at all, sans seats), it was a breeze to R&R. Hook up was very easy to HPT as well. The bonus is that I can use it as a narrow band simulator without extra wiring configurations needed. I am going to make a plug for the stock harness, but uses the AEM output for fuel trims.

LC1
    made myself a little interface box so that I could easily connect to EIO and makes it very portable.

I have tuned about 40 cars with it...
    I bought an o2 extension from innovate motorsports..so thats teh only thing I really worry about...everything else stays inside the cab
    I just run the cable in thru the door crack or up through the window and just roll it up on it a little bit so it wont move..
    a few zipties to tuck wideband wires up nicely under the car.
    and go..
    I use the existing o2 bungs since we tune in open loop with the wideband..
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Dynojet Wideband Commander

Wired in as a standalone wideband, second bungs in both headers. Occassionally i swap sides to check. Always check both sides on dyno.

Connected right out of the box, never even looked at their software or loaded the CD. Been constantly connected to the car for maybe 18months now, never had an issue. Comes with standalone gauge that is pretty neat.

Checked accuracy against numerous dyno widebands and never seen any noticeable difference.

Chris...
    Same story here....
    2007 CTS-V LS2

Tuner
    LC-1 here. Wired as stock B1 narrowband with wb output going to my EIO box. I just started to log afr% error and make changes to the ve tables. Makes me wonder why I even bothered to tune off of fuel trims before! Right now my car is in OLSD with the MAF replaced with a straight pipe.

For the wb sensor / narrowband emulator I used all four connections on the stock sensor harness (12V power, analog output, analog ground, and heater ground). The system ground, calibration, and EIO ground wires are connected to the ground wire on the OBD II port. The LC-1 controller is tucked under the center console next to the shifter.
    99 Firehawk T/A NBM, M6, 403, TFS, Harrop, etc

Tuner in Training
    FJO, you cant beat the NTK sensor for accuracy.

Rick

Tuner
    Bumping this back to the top. I'm in the market for a wideband. Use the WBC on a previous vehicle, but leaning towards the LC-1 w/ XD-1 gauge.
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    Ttt...
    Black Pontiac Trans Am WS.7- Runs on E85

And soon to be powered by Twin Turbos.

How to run your LS1 on E85

Lots of choices!
    Good to hear feedback from owners. (Guess I'm still the only PLX guy here)
    Always Support Our Troops!

i have a broken LC-1

i've had issues, first with grounding and wiring, then erratic readings and now a dead analog out to my HP Tuners. it's been a frustrating experience.

Tuner
    DynoJet here
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Advanced Tuner
    LC1 for about 3 weeks now... my LM1 died (need to send back for repair) so I kinda gutted parts of it for the time being

I used the extension cable (10ft) that the LM1 came with, cut the end off, then cut the end off a bad sensor I had... spliced them together, so I can have the LC1 brain box in side the car and it's easy to change sensors

Then for power and ground I used the cig lighter plug from the LM1 but cut it short (for now using cig lighter, I'm going to make my own switched cig lighter in the glove box later)

so mine's portable now (used a lugnut cover plastic thing to protect the recalibrate button from accidental pressing heh)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    AEM for 2 months, I like it.
    Wish I had enough $$$ to get the PLX, on board dyno would be awesome!!

Tuner
    I have the Turbo XS Tuner Lite. It's a wideband thats on welded into my cat pipe just before the cat. It connects into my DTEC via rs232 for logging and what not. It's been great so far.

The DTEC logs, rpm, map, maf (which is also scales for me right now), knock, injector duty cycle and AFR. It can log EGT too if I bought the probe but thats no so important to me right now.
    Last edited by zinner; 04-25-2006 at 10:58 AM.