Thread: EFILive custom OS

EFILive custom OS

A friend of mine had his engine dyno'd and the tuner used EFILive. My friend's LS1edit isn't able to read the PCM however HPT will. When I try to load my changes into the PCM, I get a boot loader error and the process is halted.

Anybody know of a fix for this? Any of the HPT guys have any indepth knowledge of EFILive? Since I can DL it and edit it, I could easily compare it to an older file and copy everything over. I'm not so sure that's going to work well considering the "custom OS" propoganda. My buddy is going to buy EFILive if I can't get this fixed.

i believe there are a couple of EFIlive operating systems that use the same numbering we do and hence willa ctually open in our editor but not write. Of course we cannot edit the extra tables in theirs just as they cannot edit ours.

The only way to tune that car with our software is to write over it doing a full rewrite (if possible) or have the tunershop restore it to a stock calibration.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Thanks. I think he'd be resistant to overwriting what was done considering the amount invested in it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Tuner

entire reflash

You say you have accessed the PCM and can read it. Presumably you have a hpt version of his tune. If so, you can put his tune back into the PCM at any time. There is however the risk of a flash failure doing a full write(you only have to do this once). It is a small risk, nevertheless a risk that needs to considered.

He spoke with the EFILive tuner. He didn't use their custom OS but rather flashed it with 12202088 OS. Since I only have software for 00 f-car, could this be the reason why I'm getting the boot loader error?

Is there an upgrade I can purchase to support that OS? I believe it's what the 01/02 cars used. How do I tell what year this file is from?

VCM ID: 2DG0GWP19173
    VCM 0S: 12202088
    BCC: DLXJ
    Engine: OHV 5.7L
    Trans: <blank>
    Last edited by tech; 03-14-2006 at 08:43 AM.

The issue is likely caused by the VIN not being valid for that particular OS. ie. that OS didn't exist for the VIN currently configured in the VCM.

Email the VCM Info to us at support and i can tell you exactly.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Email sent with HPT file. Thanks!