Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 650whp LSA Build Video...

Advanced Tuner

650whp LSA Build Video...

I know it's not about tuning a 4 cylinder, but I've spent most of my time in this section so I figured I'd post this up here. At the least I think you guys might enjoy seeing what 500whp does to stock LNF rods! It took 2 years of thrashing to finally bend them, and I even drove it home after they bent!

Enjoy!

John

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Loved it, awesome
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Loved it, awesome
    Thanks Bill! Geez, I haven't talked to you in ages! You remember we couldn't have gotten that 500whp out of these LNF's without your help. Thanks!!! It's taken me a little bit to get back up to speed on E67 tuning, but I'm already at ~450 tunes and at least that many logs in this car since the LSA swap! One of my goals was onboard logging and tuning. It's awesome! No more laptop on the passenger seat or in their lap! I have a WiFi hotspot in the car too so logs made in the car upload to a cloud drive so I can just open my laptop up and view them. When I make a tune it goes from my laptop back to the PC in the car through WiFi also. It's so friggin cool!

Thanks again for all you guys have done with this software! And this still is my favorite forum. It just always seems like a friendly place to share knowledge on here.

John

WOW, lets give John a round of applause!!

Killer build buddy!!!

--Christian

Tuner
    John your an amazing man. I admire your work. You are an artist. I have been turning wrenches now for 30 years, and i feel so under schooled. lol Thanks for all your help over the years on all the forums......John

Advanced Tuner
    Really is amazing. You definitely have a lot of talent and mad skills.

Senior Tuner
    very nice. that is how they should have come from the factory in the first place.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by powermizer View Post
    John your an amazing man. I admire your work. You are an artist. I have been turning wrenches now for 30 years, and i feel so under schooled. lol Thanks for all your help over the years on all the forums......John

I've been on many different forums since they were called Newsgroups and that is the nicest thing I've ever had anyone say to me! Thank You very much! (Now I need to know who you are on the "other" forums! lol)

I really try to share my knowledge and ideas, especially on here. I've always felt my natural abilities and what I've learned over the years is completely worthless unless I share it with as many people as possible. It hasn't been easy at times because I tend to come off VERY differently in forum posts than I am in person. And different forums have very different demographics, so it's been harder on some than others just because of that. I'm the same person on all the forums I've been on, it just takes an a-hole or two to bring out my defensive side. Obviously all forums have guys that just want to stir the pot, but some have a little more than their fair share! That's why I've always liked this forum, there's VERY little stirring and a lot of mature, civil knowledge sharing. If you watch the video you can see why I'd have a hard time with someone calling me certain things or saying I'm full of sh!t when I know I'm not. I ABSOLUTELY don't know everything, but I do know a little about cars. Even on car stuff, there's SO MUCH I don't know. I never give up though, I think that's the secret.

Thank You guys SO MUCH for the kind words! I put a ton of work into this car and it's really cool to see others enjoying it, even if it's just to look at. BTW, I'll let just about anyone that really loves cars drive the car. I think there's been a dozen different guys behind the wheel since the LSA swap. It's the same thing, the car is worthless if I don't enjoy it myself AND share it with others. The donut videos at the end were pretty damn enjoyable!!!

Best quote " Holy Sh!T! This thing is Fuck!ng Nutz!!!"
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 11-11-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Amazing!
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Tuner
    I'm a bit shy, I keep to my self and try to learn from others. I have a lot of experience in a lot of different vehicles, my true love has been boats. If one thing I have learned from you John, is if you have something to share with everyone you need to be ready for someone to disagree and fight tooth and nail about something they have no idea what they are talking about. I just don't need that frustration. So I give thanks to all who aren't like me and share some of their knowledge. I will try to be better. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by powermizer View Post
    I'm a bit shy, I keep to my self and try to learn from others. I have a lot of experience in a lot of different vehicles, my true love has been boats. If one thing I have learned from you John, is if you have something to share with everyone you need to be ready for someone to disagree and fight tooth and nail about something they have no idea what they are talking about. I just don't need that frustration. So I give thanks to all who aren't like me and share some of their knowledge. I will try to be better. Thanks
    You are a wise man John!

I like being in a forum full of wise men, even if they lurk in the shadows. It's ok to lurk, you're still learning even if you don't ask questions. That's what's so cool about these forums, you can get answers to your questions without even asking a lot of the time.

And yes, I appreciate the comment about having to "fight tooth and nail". I take it you've seen me fight? lol. I'm a lover not a fighter! I did fight so hard against a vendor that was doing damage to many forum members and got banned from TWO forums for it. I had the owner of the one forum tell me that the particular vendor I had caught in an outright lie asked him to ban me, so he did! Who wants to be a member of a forum like that anyway?

Thanks again for coming out of the shadows!

Very cool! Enjoyed watching your video.

At first I thought, 18 minutes, nah can't be bothered because I got interrupted when I first opened it yesterday. Wow, am I glad glad I did go back, there's an amazing amount of talent across several disciplines to achieve what appears to be such a seamless and epic result. I've seen some pretty impressive 'home engineering', but you, sir are next level. Such a brilliant and engrossing build. Hats off. Without a doubt the best build video I've watched.

Tuner
    Thanks John!!! I just had to come out of my shell and let you know you are appreciated, and let you know how inspiring your video is. Thanks again. I would like to see some more daytime video of the acceleration of that beauty. I have the same car. Well I wish I do. Mine is an 08 Black Sky Redline. I wanted to just get a 2.4 car and do a LS motor, but my wife is tired of me putting engines in just about everything we've owned. Lol So I decided to get the turbo and make do. I wish I had never seen your car!!! Lol. Brings tears to my eye's, more for the happiness of seeing one of these cars done right for the first time than me not owning it. Thanks again for sharing.

Senior Tuner
    John, the amount of detail, and time put into the creation of the second coming of this vehicle is top notch. I went back and viewed the video a couple times to see even more detail put into it than before. Kudos sir. If I win the lottery, i would have you build it rather than someone else due to the things that do not stand out in the video.

-Bryan
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Even ignoring the phenomenal work of the LSA (the whole car in person looks like a factory option high level caddy), intelligence and innovation are everywhere if you stop it at 0:12. It's a where's waldo of engineering tricks.

Advanced Tuner
    John, I don't know what to say... this is amazing.

You have been a great influence on me since my return to the Ecotec game. You are a genuine, no BS kind of guy and I appreciate that. You and I share that trait. You have an ability to turn things into art, and that makes me jealous haha. I don't know you in real life, but just through the few messages of banter and idea sharing we have had, I consider you a friend and I love to see my friends be successful, and this car... is the epitome of success.

so do you sell cts-v brake conversions?
    2008 Sky RL

Advanced Tuner
    The CTS-V brake conversion is cool because it is all OEM parts, but I imagine it is not cheap, especially when purchasing new parts...

But the electronic E brake is intriguing to me, I found some ways to implement it for under $400... might look into it. My current E brake does not work (PO thought he was the drift king or something), so I thought maybe I would do electronic to fix that and rid myself of the stupid handle and make a storage place like John did.