Thread: WTB: '01 Fbody Serial EIO

Tuner in Training

WTB: '01 Fbody Serial EIO

Not sure where to put this, since there's no FS section..

I currently have the Serial standard (no EIO) cable, and want the EIO for future wideband. Don't need the USB though.

Anyone with a serial EIO cable covering the '01 F-body looking to upgrade to the USB version?

Since the trade-in is the same on both the standard and EIO serial, I figure it would work out to both our advantage to make a trade for cables, and I can throw in a bit of cash..
    Last edited by zlexiss; 02-27-2006 at 02:40 PM.

you have to trade in your existing interface to upgrade so that would not work.

chances are noone is going to sell on here
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I would do it if HpTuners.com would agree to it, and it would work out for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by zlexiss
    Not sure where to put this, since there's no FS section..

Anyone with a serial EIO cable covering the '01 F-body looking to upgrade to the USB version?

Since the trade-in is the same on both the standard and EIO serial, I figure it would work out to both our advantage to make a trade for cables, and I can throw in a bit of cash..
    your talking about spending a couple of hundered bucks on a used interface....whn you would be better served spending the same money towards a new USB unit...
    $499 for Standard
    $649 for Pro(EIO)
    you get 8 credits to do with as you please..so you could do an o1 f-body liscens and a single other car and make a few bucks on the other car....
    if you belong to a local club... like many of us on here do..then you could just post that you have software and hardware to tune cars and offer some tunes for a reasonable price(after you are comfortable with what you are doing) and make enough money to pay for the liscenses as you go..and make back the money you have spent on the hardware...I know I have since I bought mine...made atleast 8-10 times what I spent..good weekend money...paid for a lot of mods on my old car...and starting to pay for mods on this car...hmm...tuning for mods...mmmmmmmmmmm:drool here:
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Soundengineer -

I'm really looking for a way to do wideband for myself on the cheap. Since the serial standard and EIO are worth the same on a USB upgrade, this creates an opportunity. I already have the standard version (sunk cost), I need to someone to trade me their serial EIO for my serial standard + $75 or so. I get EIO (still serial) for half the USB upgrade price, and they get USB EIO for half the upgrade price, and we both win.

I'm not too interested in doing tunes for other people, so the credit system (nice idea by the HPT team, will net them some good recurring income) isn't pushing me to go to USB. It doesn't look like the V6 tuning will be developed much further, so I don't see much in the way of obsolescence issues with the V6 and serial cable either.

-Jeff

there is no way possible to trade cables and upgrade, to upgrade you MUST send your old cable in first.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

I think he's saying that he ha a standard...wants to find somebody that has a serial EIO to trade with....meaning find somebody that isnt using the EIO portion cause they dont have a wideband..and trade...
    then and add some money to that person which will level out the upgrade amount for them if they want to get USB EIO or USB standard..

he has standard and wants EIO but doesnt need USB or want USB

novel concept...

not likely to happen looking on here..

good luck to you...
    -Scott -

Oh and BTW, don't give up on the V6's. I'm confident that once this rush slows down a bit for the new hardware, some stuff that us V6's require will be added. Not that I know anything.... I'm in the same boat as you
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Advanced Tuner
    sorry, cant help ya then