Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Availability

We are now taking pre-orders for new purchases and upgrades to Gen IV V8 (LS2/LS7) support only. We expect first shipment to be 15th Feb, 2006.

Upgrades for existing customers who do not require Gen IV V8 (LS2/LS7) support will be allowed after 1st March, 2006. We are staging the release to manage the administrative load and give priority to those wanting LS2/LS7 support.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    - I know you need the new interface to tune LS2s, but why, what makes it so special? Please be technical.

- I've read before that you can data log without a laptop, how can that be done?

- Can you pre-select and upload your PIDs and then log at will?

- Can you log more than one time without a laptop without resetting the MPVI?

Please, tell me all the ins and outs of this new interface and why I should upgrade... (Besides LS2, Ford & Dodge) (Basically, give me your best sales pitch)

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    - I know you need the new interface to tune LS2s, but why, what makes it so special? Please be technical.

- I've read before that you can data log without a laptop, how can that be done?

- Can you pre-select and upload your PIDs and then log at will?

- Can you log more than one time without a laptop without resetting the MPVI?

Please, tell me all the ins and outs of this new interface and why I should upgrade... (Besides LS2, Ford & Dodge) (Basically, give me your best sales pitch)

Bill
    - new interface talks in all languages for GM/Ford/dodge and there are several versions of each..sorry I dont know the deep technical aspects...please e-mial keith or ken or chris for that

-data logging witout a laptop will be on the PRO(EIO) version only
    you will have to set up the device before you connect it to your vehicle...but it will be no different than setting up your current 2.0 stuff
    and you can log approximately an hour and a half with 24pids and all 4 analog inputs being used
    -you will be able to start and stop and have multiple logs....
    so you can log to work..takle it in with you so that its nice and safe...log on teh way home...and leave the laptop at home for the day

-upgrading benefits include more vehicles...better cost per vehicle...option to do single vins or unlimited liscenses,...upgrade credits that go toward the next step up liscenses...plus you will be able to ustilise black box logging if you buy the PRO(EIO) version
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    lets look at this from a new user stand point (which I am)

Lets say I have a 04 Grand Prix GTP.

I have two options to start with, VCM Suite GM Std and VCM Suite GM Pro.
    The differences between the 2 are?

* USB 2.0 interface
    * GM (VPW/CAN), Ford and Dodge communications protocols
    * 4 Analog Inputs (MPVI Pro only)
    * 2 Switched Outputs (MPVI Pro only)
    * Data logging (MPVI Pro only - future software release)
    so I'm a newb, but what are the possible 4 analog inputs and 2 switched outputs? And can you data log with both setups, but just the Pro can log w/o a laptop hooked up?

And when I purchise this, it isnt assigned to a vehicle untill I purchase a liscense for one? (with the 8 credits that come with the purchase) And each license is VIN based? locked to that one car, unless a unlimited year/model is purchased? and I would have to purchase the 2/3 bar support because I'm S/Ced?

Sorry for the newbish questions, just trying to figure out what I'm getting into. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzer
    lets look at this from a new user stand point (which I am)

Lets say I have a 04 Grand Prix GTP.

I have two options to start with, VCM Suite GM Std and VCM Suite GM Pro.
    The differences between the 2 are?

so I'm a newb, but what are the possible 4 analog inputs and 2 switched outputs? And can you data log with both setups, but just the Pro can log w/o a laptop hooked up?

And when I purchise this, it isnt assigned to a vehicle untill I purchase a liscense for one? (with the 8 credits that come with the purchase) And each license is VIN based? locked to that one car, unless a unlimited year/model is purchased? and I would have to purchase the 2/3 bar support because I'm S/Ced?

Sorry for the newbish questions, just trying to figure out what I'm getting into. Thanks.
    the main differences are the EIO and the black box style datalogging
    analog ins can be used to monitor any external device with a 0~5 volt signal....
    meaning widebands,EGT,MAP sensors....a voltage controlled wategate on your SC...and a whole slew of other things that are possible....

your 2 analog outs can be used to show when somthing is happening...
    like seeing knock with an LED...the analog outs are a way to make an led or low current device function(5volt under 200 milliamp)

only the PRO(EIO) version can do these things mentioned above

as far as a liscensing sceme goes...

if you want to tune just yourself....or atleast just yourself at first..
    single vin - 2 credits
    leaving you 6 to spend on other stuff...

unlimited for 97-05Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1, 3.8 - 6 credits
    leaving you 2 for other stuff

since it is a v6 I dont think you have any options for purchasing a 2/3bar map(its only GM v8 currecntly)...but I also dont think you will need to as teh car came from the factory with the SC on it...so its probably already built into the tune..it is more than likely the same basic structure that is in all the V6 GM vehicles...so you probably have a MAP table that is good to 140kpa...which is just under 6lbs of boost
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    With the basic setup, you can log whatever info the PCM can spew (which is a lot) using a laptop. The main thing you "can't" do is connect a wideband O2 sensor. Even that is possible if you wire it into the AC pressure sensor (and don't use your AC), but it's very clunky and you'll need to do a lot more manual data analysis in a spreadsheet.

The Pro version provides a much more seamless way to connect, log, and analyze wideband data (though you still have to provide the wideband). It also adds the standalone logging capability.

Even if you don't have a wideband yet, you will want one eventually, and "upgrading" the cable later means sending it in and waiting for them to ship a new one out. I would just cut to the chase and order the Pro version with whatever license makes sense for you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    V6 GM vehicles...so you probably have a MAP table that is good to 140kpa...which is just under 6lbs of boost

Does this mean that if I drop my pulley and start producing 10 psi of boost that my MAP table will no longer work for me?
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST
    Custom PCM, Ram Air Hood w/ Air box, Intense MPS w/3.6", R/T DP with Ubend delete & HF CAT, LC-1 WB, GMPP Cat Back, Jacobs wires, 180 T-stat, & an Optima Red Top

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    my map works fine up to 200kpa...the VE table ends at 140kpa though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

thats where you v6 guys have to get into PE over time tiabe that you have...
    -Scott -

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    thats where you v6 guys have to get into PE over time tiabe that you have...

VE isnt in effect till the maf fails anywayz so PE vs. time is where its at.

Tuner in Training
    looks like I'm going with the pro.

Thanks for the info.

Tuner
    [QUOTE=Keith@HPTuners]We feel that the serial to USB upgrade prices are MORE than generous.

Not only do you get USB, but you get the ability to tune and scan so many more vehicles plus you get the benefits of the application key licensing system.
    [/
    QUOTE]

KEY WORD, you PAY for the ability to be able to PAY to scan more vehicles.

I think the price of tuning is moving out of the affordable range for alot of users.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    [QUOTE=rckrzy1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    We feel that the serial to USB upgrade prices are MORE than generous.

Not only do you get USB, but you get the ability to tune and scan so many more vehicles plus you get the benefits of the application key licensing system.
    [/
    QUOTE]

I think the price of tuning is moving out of the affordable range for alot of users.
    again keep in mind this is only an upgrade...you can choose not to get the upgrade and use the old system...the new system is sooooo much easier and will offer you so many benefits over the old. And for new users the price has stayed the same so its still well in an affordable range for them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    We feel that the serial to USB upgrade prices are MORE than generous.

Can't pay, don't play. I took on the task of writing software similar to this, and I can appreciate the amount of work these guys put into this software. They put a lot of time and effort into this new system, increasing the number of cars they support to include a whole new market, a completely new interface, and a lot of incredible features. There are very few products on the market that even come close to the amount of features that this software has.

Kieth & Chris, along with the rest of the HPT crew, deserve to be paid for the effort they put into this software, and I can see why they devised this new licensing system, and I would have done exactly the same thing with my company.

In fact, this software is so nice, that I'm getting out of thier way, and buying this software personally, and recommending to all those who were on board with my project to do the same.

Hats off to HPT for the great software they put out, they really aren't getting the kind of thanks they deserve.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Thanks for the support Shifted!!!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Would you guys resell the serial EIOs that you recieve when people upgrade to the USB model? I've got a standard serial interface and don't need the USB interface, but if I could trade up to an EIO I'd probably be interested.

Advanced Tuner
    tommorrow is the 15th yippy. i have one question how do we do the 2 and 3 bar thing buy a new map sensor or what? i've searched but don't fully get it or maybe my search wasn't good enough. i'm just ready to get the thing lol.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Skele4door
    Would you guys resell the serial EIOs that you recieve when people upgrade to the USB model? I've got a standard serial interface and don't need the USB interface, but if I could trade up to an EIO I'd probably be interested.

Sorry we cannot.

-Ken

Tuner in Training
    So hows the shipping looking?
    493 RWHP 439RWTQ
    LPE Heads 11.5:1, Comp Cam 238/242 600/610 114, Port matched F.A.S.T. Intake, ASP Underdrive, Callaway Honker, LG Long Tube , GHL Exhaust
    Nitto555RII tires MSI Rollbar, Simpson 6pt harnesses, Callaway short throw, Hardwired bulletcam system/cannon zr300

Click here to see exhaust video

they are shooting for mid next week, they had a shipping issue with one of their suppliers
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB