Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Throttle tuning Ford

Senior Tuner
    They have the refernce PRE supercharger? Thats stupid, I didnt notice. I sent you a PM a while back i think, have an email address i can bounce a couple questions off you concerning these things
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

That's correct, roush vmp... info at hd-customs.pl
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    That's correct, roush vmp... info at hd-customs.pl
    Can you explain here or email, kind of imposible to look at your webpage in a different language

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, but this is MANIFOLD vacuum, so if we had "negative" vacuum, we'd have pressure on the manifold side higher than throttle inlet side, and air would flow in reverse. What the ECU is seeing is MAP > Baro. Baro is throttle inlet, and manifold is at higher pressure, so air logically would flow from the manifold out to before the throttle. Ford doesn't model this situation in its throttle control because it wouldn't be a very good throttle if it was letting air the wrong way.

Point is, you have to work around the fact it thinks its Baro/MAP instead of Boosted Prethrottle/MAP.
    The axis override is a known bug we'll hopefully get resolved soon so that you can insert negative values in there.

Would be stoked to see the axis override, if it helped improve part throttle drivability. It would still be problematic though since we don't actually know pre TB pressure (unless you have SIP), right?

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Can you explain here or email, kind of imposible to look at your webpage in a different language
    It's my email info at (@) hd-customs.pl
    www.hd-customs.pl

Senior Tuner
    Yes, but this is MANIFOLD vacuum, so if we had "negative" vacuum, we'd have pressure on the manifold side higher than throttle inlet side, and air would flow in reverse. What the ECU is seeing is MAP > Baro. Baro is throttle inlet, and manifold is at higher pressure, so air logically would flow from the manifold out to before the throttle. Ford doesn't model this situation in its throttle control because it wouldn't be a very good throttle if it was letting air the wrong way.

Point is, you have to work around the fact it thinks its Baro/MAP instead of Boosted Prethrottle/MAP.
    The axis override is a known bug we'll hopefully get resolved soon so that you can insert negative values in there.
    I don't see negative ETC vacuum for the TB model helping partial throttle FI setups, or anything. MAF is positive, RPM is positive, Effective area is positive. You can't get a negative pressure from those, so even if you could enter it into the axis it wouldn't get to a negative value. Then the only way you could achieve it you would have to make the intake manifold filling model flow much worst than the actual intake tubing, and thats just so far from reality I don't see it making things better.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I don't see negative ETC vacuum for the TB model helping partial throttle FI setups, or anything. MAF is positive, RPM is positive, Effective area is positive. You can't get a negative pressure from those, so even if you could enter it into the axis it wouldn't get to a negative value. Then the only way you could achieve it you would have to make the intake manifold filling model flow much worst than the actual intake tubing, and thats just so far from reality I don't see it making things better.
    I agree with you, but once we fix the axis override, it'll allow people to tune this way regardless.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Tuner in Training
    I agree with you, but once we fix the axis override, it'll allow people to tune this way regardless.
    If it were possible, wouldn't plumbing the baro sensor to the pre TB intake correct for everything? Baro - MAP is fed into TB model for predicting airflow so it should still work assuming baro isn't fed into anything else, or fixed in the tune, right?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aksubiedubie View Post
    If it were possible, wouldn't plumbing the baro sensor to the pre TB intake correct for everything? Baro - MAP is fed into TB model for predicting airflow so it should still work assuming baro isn't fed into anything else, or fixed in the tune, right?
    vct modes are based on baro. Mapped points are based on vct. Having baro fluctuate as much as the pre TB intake can would cause havoc with everything. You would want a dedicated pressure sensor and modify ecu code for it like Ford did with cars that use TIP or SIP sensors.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    vct modes are based on baro. Mapped points are based on vct. Having baro fluctuate as much as the pre TB intake can would cause havoc with everything. You would want a dedicated pressure sensor and modify ecu code for it like Ford did with cars that use TIP or SIP sensors.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Oops

Senior Tuner
    Emailed you Caniggia. Found two 1/8 NPT plugs on blower in inlet runner, which line to the bypass on the roush blower shoudl be moved there? One is in the TB neck, and one looks like its above the rotor group but more in the plenum?

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

I would be happier with the correct solution but if that's not available maybe the incorrect one will have to do.

Can we put a Roche/Whipple tune in with HP onto an NA operating system?

You can do that but depending on the OSID, you might be missing some things you need. e.g: many of the NA OSIDs do not have the IAT2 PID active. On some of the earlier OSIDs, you might have to splice into the unused pins on the ECU to enable it. It really depends on what OSID you have. What year is the ECU and which OSID?
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    It's not possible to tune etc with logging by hpt for now.
    Just an FYI you should be able to do it, I believe theres like 2 or 3 pids that need to be logged for the graphs to work properly, if you are missing any of the pids its as simple as emailing support. My operating system was missing them and Eric added them for me pretty quickly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

it's working since long time, awesome
    www.hd-customs.pl

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    You can do that but depending on the OSID, you might be missing some things you need. e.g: many of the NA OSIDs do not have the IAT2 PID active. On some of the earlier OSIDs, you might have to splice into the unused pins on the ECU to enable it. It really depends on what OSID you have. What year is the ECU and which OSID?
    Have you got anymore information on this? What OSID are interchangeable?

Hey guys, this subject is very interesting to me. I have a 2012 Mustang with an M122 blower and Department of Boost manifold. Lund has been remote tuning the combination, but we have gone in circles on a few things. Part throttle response is one of them. (Decel richness being the other nagging issue)

Here is a log where I tried to roll on the pedal as linearly as I could:

ETC in purple, Pedal in brown, MAF rate in blue. I drew in what I think would be a better MAF curve (in green). Having MAF track linearly with pedal, should give a more predictable feel.

ETC.png

It is a bit better now. I think that they lowered the WOT start point to fill in that big void in the ETC opening rate. I still think it can be improved. I also made a small orifice to install in the bypass valve vacuum line. I started with a 0.065" orifice, and now have a 0.040" in place. It definitely softens the transition into boost, by slowing the rate of bypass valve movement. I have a mechanical boost gauge which helps show the effect.

My VCM Suite should arrive tomorrow. So I am eager to dig in and improve this. As a former superbike racer, I am pretty particular about my throttle response.

i am working on coyote 2012 centri SC app. In scanner i can't find ETC vacuum. i am using beta letest version. any help

Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    i am working on coyote 2012 centri SC app. In scanner i can't find ETC vacuum. i am using beta letest version. any help
    any idea

Potential Tuner
    Hi there guys , I have a customers 2010 ford mustang with a Edelbrock supercharger fitted to it and running the 82mm throttle body and car runs good and when bad fault code P061b , Need help to fix this fault .