Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM functions

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

BCM functions

Any word on if/when either the codes will be able to be displayed, cleared, edited?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

That would be cool...TTT for this one.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Simpson
    mmmmmmm...B C M ...........
    -Scott -

Yes. I would like to lock and unlock my doors with my laptop please. Thank you.
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    i need it to regulate ABS/brake bias to accomodate big brakes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    i need it to regulate ABS/brake bias to accomodate big brakes.
    That would be awesome....... Damn rear bias....
    1998 Camaro SS

Tuner in Training
    Same here. would be nice to help on the brake hop lots of us autocrossers (v8 and v6 alike) get..

Advanced Tuner
    bcm features would kick ass!!

ABS too!!! Please oh please!!!

The big tire truck guys would love it! No more ABS lights with 44's!

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    this would be a nice place for a response.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Senior Tuner
    Giving the abilty to edit the ABS module other than gear/tire combo sounds like a liability suit to me.

Display and clear BCM codes is one thing. While we are not opposed to the BCM functions, sales have to justify the engineering effort. I think the BCM has more operating systems than all the vehicle model year operating systems combined.
    Thats a lot of work for us so you cam screw with the seats/mirrors/windows/doorlocks.

What does the BCM have to do with racing

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    Giving the abilty to edit the ABS module other than gear/tire combo sounds like a liability suit to me.

Display and clear BCM codes is one thing. While we are not opposed to the BCM functions, sales have to justify the engineering effort. I think the BCM has more operating systems than all the vehicle model year operating systems combined.
    Thats a lot of work for us so you cam screw with the seats/mirrors/windows/doorlocks.

well..the brakes have applications for racers..need to stop..and adjusting the bias could be useful....dont know if you cold justify it enough for liability reasons....
    but I do have to say that there are kits to help control that exact problem....racers have been doing it for years without access to a BCM...
    and buying a set of brakes usually is the front and the rears....many of which are engineered ina way to fix the bias issues automatically..you just have to spend a few extra dollars instead of buying the cheap ones
    -Scott -

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

I mainly wanted to see it for the abs light fix for people that have that pop up with gear/tire changes that i guess put it out of range.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I mainly wanted to see it for the abs light fix for people that have that pop up with gear/tire changes that i guess put it out of range.
    does that light affect performance of the ABS??? like does it disable it??
    If not...then a simple fix might just be to pull the bulb that illuminates or disconnect the wires for it..LOL...
    ..or just ignore it cause its just a light..LOL
    -Scott -

Along these same lines...how much control could we have over the Traction Control System? Could we mess with the settings on that to turn it into something that could actually help out a great deal with traction instead of really slowing us down?
    11.02 @ 130

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    Along these same lines...how much control could we have over the Traction Control System? Could we mess with the settings on that to turn it into something that could actually help out a great deal with traction instead of really slowing us down?
    without being an expert and digging in...
    I would say there is minimal we could do in our F-bodies as its uses a rather slow and clunky "Kludge" relay pulley thingy to do our pedal modulation...and we have spark control over that already in our editor...
    if there was a way to command spark first or only spark then it might be useful....right now I have ben using the tractioon control to my advantage and have zero'd out all the spark for taraction control....it does quite well most of the time as a traction slip stopper...if you keep pushing into it it still doee a good job of reducing slip and allowing the most possible traction...but I imagine it could be better if I could do it 100% with spark

however some other evhicles may be able to benefit more from the possible changes

I could see BCM stuff starting in cars like our F-bodies and vettes which are among some of the more popular vehicle choices for HPT users...if they decide its worth while to work on it.
    -Scott -

Honestly, I didn't know we already had spark control...grrrrrrrr. I don't even know half the crap they already included
    11.02 @ 130

So did anyone ever decide if at the very least we can mess with the ABS inop light? Maybe give us a way to do the Tech II cycling of the ABS thingie it does so we can properly bleed the brake system?
    11.02 @ 130

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    So did anyone ever decide if at the very least we can mess with the ABS inop light? Maybe give us a way to do the Tech II cycling of the ABS thingie it does so we can properly bleed the brake system?

Oh having the ability to give the 'purge' command to the ABS modulator would be just plain awesome. heh english failed me i could'nt think of a better way to say it...
    Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

I like the very technical "cycling of the ABS thingie" myself
    11.02 @ 130