Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCM functions

Advanced Tuner
    so what is the word on this can we at least see what dtc our abs sets when the light comes on with out going to the dealer?
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    So did anyone ever decide if at the very least we can mess with the ABS inop light? Maybe give us a way to do the Tech II cycling of the ABS thingie it does so we can properly bleed the brake system?
    You dont need a scan tool to bleed the ABS system. I learned a little trick a few years ago when I replaced a module and my scan tool took a crap. Bleed as you normaly would but instead of pushing the brake pedal you cycle the key to the on position and bleed that way untill you get fluid from all 4 wheels. Then bleed as you normaly would.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
    You dont need a scan tool to bleed the ABS system. I learned a little trick a few years ago when I replaced a module and my scan tool took a crap. Bleed as you normaly would but instead of pushing the brake pedal you cycle the key to the on position and bleed that way untill you get fluid from all 4 wheels. Then bleed as you normaly would.
    Could you explain this a little more clearly? I'm not quite tracking with you...do you mean open the bleeder valve, then turn the key to the on position, then close the valve before turning the key back off?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Ok i'll try to explain it alittle better. There is only 2 times you should have to bleed the ABS. If you have replaced EBCM/Manifold assy. But also applies to flushing the system as general maint.

If you replace the ebcm assy you will need to purge the air out with a scan tool or by tricking the system as you would have no brakes. You would do this by turning the key on untill the ABS light goes out do this 5 times. You would then open the RR bleeder then close it. Repeat this with the LR, RF and LF. You will need to do this unitll you get fluid from each wheel. (might take a while)Then bleed as you normaly would.

To flush the system, Bleed the system until you have clean fluid at each wheel. Then cycle the abs system in the same manner above. Untill you get clean fluid again.

Thanks for the info.
    11.02 @ 130

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    Giving the abilty to edit the ABS module other than gear/tire combo sounds like a liability suit to me.

Display and clear BCM codes is one thing. While we are not opposed to the BCM functions, sales have to justify the engineering effort. I think the BCM has more operating systems than all the vehicle model year operating systems combined.
    Thats a lot of work for us so you cam screw with the seats/mirrors/windows/doorlocks.

What does the BCM have to do with racing
    Ken, I can appreciate your position on the BCM. Undoubtedly, it's not a necessary function for some vehicles. But on others the BCM controls many things. So, may I suggest that you offer BCM write capabilities to a select few vehicles at first. As a C5 owner I would relish the ability to modify the BCM.
    1999 Corvette

I'd be happy if I could disable dash lights without removing it
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Brake bais control would be great! I can't imagine there being more then 1 or 2 different ABS calibrations per vehicle.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Tuner
    i did an engine swap, ill bet i could use some features for that bcm

My Escalade has a ton of bcm fuctions that I would like to modify.
    " '01 SS "

Tuner in Training
    Here is an example...looking to drop 6.2L/6speed auto into my truck. Wiring looks pretty much plug and play, biggest issue will be the tranny gear display on the dash which comes from BCM. Will it display correctly?

BCM are same part number between all the trucks so no issue there, but if you want to flash it though tech II you need the VIN and then it won't recognize the 6 speed as my vin is 5.3L/4speed...be nice if a guy could sort all this out on his own.

Oh yeah, could add power folding mirrors too
    2007 Sierra RCSB 5.3 (for now)

Tuner in Training
    Another nice thing that I've seen done is removing Autoride from vehicles....

Tuner in Training
    +1 to ABS Purge ability. Giant PITA hack job (or a trip to find someone with a Tech 2 tool with iffy brakes) on 4th gen F-Body's otherwise.

The MPVI doesn't communicate on the ABS line. Not possible on those older vehicles.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...