Thread: Pulled tune for a car: 1 Bar MAF Enhanced and OSMod Locked. How to get around it?

Pulled tune for a car: 1 Bar MAF Enhanced and OSMod Locked. How to get around it?

I have a question. I pulled the tune and licensed (paid 2 credits) a friends car to help him take care of some idle issues on his heads/cam 2000 Camaro.

It allowed me to license the file and make changes to the tune, and when I went to write it, it wouldnt write and asked for more credits. Upon inspection it appears the previous tuner did a custom OS of 1bar MAF enhanced so I cant write the car.

Are my only two options to pay 2 more credits to license the upgrade, or get the stock file (or the file prior to the custom OS) and write entire?

Any way around this?

Thanks
    Ryan
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    What was the original OS? I might be able to help.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally TransAm View Post
    I have a question. I pulled the tune and licensed (paid 2 credits) a friends car to help him take care of some idle issues on his heads/cam 2000 Camaro.

It allowed me to license the file and make changes to the tune, and when I went to write it, it wouldnt write and asked for more credits. Upon inspection it appears the previous tuner did a custom OS of 1bar MAF enhanced so I cant write the car.

Are my only two options to pay 2 more credits to license the upgrade, or get the stock file (or the file prior to the custom OS) and write entire?

Any way around this?

Thanks
    Ryan
    I have a simular proplem with a os locked due to a 1 bar MAF upgrade, except I want to change it to a two bar map. The PCM says it is 2002 and I have unlimited 2002 F body. It made me license it to read and write to the PCM and it wont let me upgrade as it is already enhanced. Can I just get a base tune for 2002 and write entire, then do the OS enhancement?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"