Thread: Interface cable

Interface cable

F&%K! My cable got stolen from my car?? can anyone tell me how to replace it?? Already sent an E-mail to support but just thought you guys could give me some insight! thanks

Re: Interface cable

tech support is the way to go for that
    -Scott -

Reply from support -Man that sucks it's gonna cost you 499 to replace, have a nice day. Support said thats what stops people from saying that they(others) got there cable stolen or lost and not just scammin them (htuner) into selling you another cable. oh well I guess you should be warned not to lose or better yet not secure you cable under lock and key. Oh yeah my car was in my garage and locked but that doesn't stop a crafty thief well I guess I should decide which tuning program I should purchase hptuners or another?? Makes me real mad both the thiefs that stole my sh$t and paying twice for hptuners. Money talks and bull sh$t walks thanks for letting rant!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

thats what homeowners insurance is for isnt it...are you sure you didnt say you had a few grand in cd's stolen too? ;D
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

That would be as dishonest as the thief that stole the cable. Beside it was only my Ipod and cable that was stolen. not much more than my deductible. Fraud is the reason for high insurance rates as it is. Thanks for trying to cheer me up!! but Karma is a beeeotch. enough on this matter I'm gonna eat my loss and move on!!! vegas.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by vegassscamaro
    That would be as dishonest as the thief that stole the cable. Beside it was only my Ipod and cable that was stolen. not much more than my deductible. Fraud is the reason for high insurance rates as it is. Thanks for trying to cheer me up!! but Karma is a beeeotch. enough on this matter I'm gonna eat my loss and move on!!! vegas.

that does suck though cuz its pretty much worthless without your disk/laptop or at minium your id/password...so basically they got a worthless piece of plastic & your ipod & your out $700+ anywayz what goes around comes around.

Big Bummer Indeed.

I had a similiar experience about year and a half ago.

My Older laptop got errrr.....borrowed..... :P

Which was bad enough, but they took my "Auto-Tap" cable along with some CDs and misc stuff.

You know the guy is sitting there with a AUTO-TAP cable he has no idea what to do with...............GRRRRRRRRR

I still have my original AUTOTAP CD and manual and such, thought about emailing them to see if they would help, but never did. At that point I had decided to get a "Tuner' package. Finally got HP Tuners earlier this year.

Oh and a slightly newer LAP TOP too..............LOL

Hope it works out for you.

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to say that I am in the same freaking boat, and the deductible is as much as the damn cable. I guess basically I am screwed, and need a new cable, and need to repurchase all the credits I had. That's $800 out the window. This blows.

What you guys really need to do is make it so somehow you can disable a cable if it is lost, that way you can sell just the cable in confidence that you're not being scammed. Granted this would probably require the HPT software to be internet aware, and that can't happen as I know a lot of computers that have HPT never get hooked up to the internet really.

Once again, this blows.
    Last edited by NoRemorse; 05-13-2007 at 05:57 PM.

As another thought on the topic of stolen interfaces, HPT could have a HOTLIST of units that customers report as stolen (along with the Police file number and contact info), obtain contact info from anyone trying to re-register it, and feed that info to the Police. Wouldn't be a long list.

Whether the Police would follow up on it, or not, is a different story.

Nevertheless, good public service and good customer service. Just because the theft is not HPT's problem, doesn't mean that they can't be part of the solution.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We Flag the accounts when it is brought to our attention.