Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2012 LS3 6l80 swap camaro tcm to corvette program for tapshift

  1. #1
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8

    2012 LS3 6l80 swap camaro tcm to corvette program for tapshift

    I am looking for exactly what needs to be done to program the vette into the Camaro tcm to allow tapshift without using the Camaro bcm. I have the tapshift box from Speartech but I am told it will also need the corvette tune to work properly. How exactly do I go about getting this tune done as I am told it has to be done with GM tech ii. Any tips on this are greatly appreciated. The only reason I am even doing tapshift is to hold it in 4th gear on the dyno so unless someone knows a way to hold in gear without manual shift we are open for any and all suggestions.
    Thanks
    Mike

  2. #2
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Queensland
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by missile33 View Post
    I am looking for exactly what needs to be done to program the vette into the Camaro tcm to allow tapshift without using the Camaro bcm. I have the tapshift box from Speartech but I am told it will also need the corvette tune to work properly. How exactly do I go about getting this tune done as I am told it has to be done with GM tech ii. Any tips on this are greatly appreciated. The only reason I am even doing tapshift is to hold it in 4th gear on the dyno so unless someone knows a way to hold in gear without manual shift we are open for any and all suggestions.
    Thanks
    Mike

    I'm in the same boat, my thread I started a few days ago is here
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-TUTD-Working

    Did speartech say that you would just need a corvette OS in your TCM?
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

    99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

    2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

  3. #3
    Senior Tuner edcmat-l1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    5BA8
    Posts
    1,181
    You can hold them in gear using the scanner VCM controls. No need for a Vette OS. Although, there are a couple different ways to program the TCM separately if that's what you want to do. Using a Tech2/MDI is one way. There are aftermarket solutions as well. Email me for more details as it involves tuning software that is not HPtuners, and I don't want to post it here.

    EFI specialist
    Advanced diagnostics, tuning, emissions
    Tuning all GMs, Ford, Mopar, Nissan GT-Rs, Evos, WRXs, Euros
    email=edcmat-l1@msn.com

  4. #4
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8
    yes that is what speartech told me

  5. #5
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Queensland
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    You can hold them in gear using the scanner VCM controls. No need for a Vette OS. Although, there are a couple different ways to program the TCM separately if that's what you want to do. Using a Tech2/MDI is one way. There are aftermarket solutions as well. Email me for more details as it involves tuning software that is not HPtuners, and I don't want to post it here.
    Email sent
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

    99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

    2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

  6. #6
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8
    Update. The gm dealer flashed my tcm to a vette os. Make sure you use the same year vin when doing so. Plugged in Speartechs tutd shift box and it works great. Was hoping the P2537 code would have went away with this but it didn't. So any suggestions there are welcomed.

  7. #7
    Advanced Tuner HartRod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    322
    I have a 2013 Camaro 6L80 that I'm using a set of ShrifterSix paddle shifters with. It works perfect. John at speartech tested interface for me, but no programming had to be modified in the TCM to make it work. Also, did you ever figure this code out?
    Last edited by HartRod; 12-07-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

  8. #8
    Advanced Tuner HartRod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by missile33 View Post
    Update. The gm dealer flashed my tcm to a vette os. Make sure you use the same year vin when doing so. Plugged in Speartechs tutd shift box and it works great. Was hoping the P2537 code would have went away with this but it didn't. So any suggestions there are welcomed.
    Missile33 - Will your tapshift work in "D"?
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

  9. #9
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8
    No. Only in manual mode. Car runs and drives great until anything above half throttle.....then the tranny shifts up down sideways and anything in between. Anyone near Iowa that can tune a 6l80? About ready to go to a 4l80 and use the 6l80 as a bad experience token.

  10. #10
    Advanced Tuner HartRod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by missile33 View Post
    No. Only in manual mode. Car runs and drives great until anything above half throttle.....then the tranny shifts up down sideways and anything in between. Anyone near Iowa that can tune a 6l80? About ready to go to a 4l80 and use the 6l80 as a bad experience token.
    Post your tune.
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692