Thread: 6L80 swap into nissan patrol - Cant get TUTD Working

Tuner in Training

Angry 6L80 swap into nissan patrol - Cant get TUTD Working

Evening Gents,

So, I have a 2010 L77/6L80e swap in my Nissan patrol, and I cant get TUTD trans shifting working. Im hoping someone on here has it working and can shed some light on this...................

Im trying to set it up corvette style, where the switch is hard wired into the trans, instead if along the serial bus like it was in the Commodore the engine/trans came out of.

I have made a tap-shift circuit and wired it into pin 7 of the trans connector. I can see the up/down buttons working in the scanner.

Here is my current tune file
    24-4-13 current tune cl.hpt

I have a 2011 corvette file with the same TCM OS Number
    2011 Corvette Auto Stock.hpt

I copied all TUTD settings into my tune, but it still wont work.

The problem, that I can see, is the "trans Shift mode" PID never changes from normal, no matter where I put the trans shifter.
    I have tried changing the "range active" tab in the tune to D2,D3,D4,D5 and even D6, still wont work.

I have also noted that the "PRNDL status" never goes below D5, even if I move the shifter down as far as it will go.

As I understand it, on a corvette shifter, to access TUTD, u move the shifter down 2 notches from drive to D4, hit a TUTD button, and away you go. Is that how it works?

The fact that I cant get the TCM/ECM to recognize any position past D5 seems very strange, I can move the selector linkage through its full range of travel and it never goes below D5. It makes me think there is a setting for that in the commodore tune thats different to the corvette tune, only we cant access it through HP, perhaps because it hasent been mapped out yet............

So, my thoughts are

1. Can I do a write entire with the corvette tune I have, and not brick anything?
    2. Can I flash Just the TCM with HP Tuners?
    3. Is it possible for a Holden dealer over here to use TIS and a tech 2 to write me a whole corvette tune?
    4. Have I just not changed something in my tune I should have?

One other difference in the corvette tune is the "shift pattern" tabs are different. I would like to change them and see if it works, but the recommendation not to change them has me worried.........

Lads, if anyone on here can get this going, im quite willing to provide a Pay Pal beer fund contribution, im doing a few of these ones at the moment.

HELP!!!! I cant even dyno this thing without manual gears, let alone use it as a 4WD!!

Cheers
    Steve
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Get tutd working ?
    -----------------------------
    Ultimate Conversion Wiring

From looking at the Schematics for the 2011 Corvette it looks like the Tap Up Tap Down still go through the BCM and not direct to the transmission.

Corvette TUTD.jpg

I have seen some use a G6 shifter and the TUTD works.
    -Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

shifter is still connected directly to Auto as you can see in the diagrams... all transmissions are connected to the BCM the same way as the diagram shows from 2007-2011 itsw just the H/S Can Bus lines which are from A/T to ECU and BCM (and also The ABS/ESP/TC)
    -----------------------------
    Ultimate Conversion Wiring

Tuner in Training
    Hi fellas,
    Yes I got this working. It wasn't easy, and i needed to buy the "other" software to make it happen. Shoot me a PM if you would like more details.
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cooper View Post
    Hi fellas,
    Yes I got this working. It wasn't easy, and i needed to buy the "other" software to make it happen. Shoot me a PM if you would like more details.
    I have a 2013 Camaro SS 6.2/6L80 and am trying to figure out the TUTD/paddle shifter setup. I had John at Speartech do the tune on my engine computer and he said he would do the TCM if I pulled it out and mailed it to him. What are my options for getting the Corvette tune without pulling the TCM out of my transmission? Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Last edited by HartRod; 10-15-2013 at 09:38 AM.

What changes did you do to make it work?
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Tuner in Training
    Yes I would like to know as well

Here are screenshots of working TUTD on a 2013 6L80E Silverado file in a Malibu swap. This is with the Speartech shifter.

Screenshot (29).png Screenshot (30).png
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Advanced Tuner
    I can't seem to be able to pm you? How did you make it work? I'm curious if just enabling the switches works with efi or hpt, I have both software. I can full flash with a vette file.. but idk how well it will work in a 4x4 application?

I posted up the screenshots of what the TUTD tables look like with a 13 Silverado file. This was also used with the Speartech shifter for swaps to use TUTD. No BCM used, and not a Corvette file. No black magic, just the tables that I posted up.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but I got my TUTD working using the tables posted. Now my problem is that I can't get out of TUTD mode unless I shift the trans to neutral and back to drive. Also, the TCM won't see selector positions D1-D5. It shows D6 for all the 'drive' gear selector positions. Park/reverse/neutral show correctly. It's a LS2/6L80e from a 2008 G8 currently installed in a 67 Camaro using the Speartech shifter.

Thanks,
    Derrick

Tuner in Training
    whoever has done it this way
    do u have to put shifter from drive to neutral so it comes out of tip tronic
    then back to drive so u can drive car
    this is annoying when normal driving
    this is why its nicer to use a ve shifter and bcm

The settings I provided, are there just to show it can be done. Don't be afraid to change the tables around to try to get your desired affect.
    www.crawford-racing.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    I posted up the screenshots of what the TUTD tables look like with a 13 Silverado file. This was also used with the Speartech shifter for swaps to use TUTD. No BCM used, and not a Corvette file. No black magic, just the tables that I posted up.
    Hi, mine is still not working setup this way. Do I need to do a write entire? Mine is an LY6/6l80e programmed as a 2012 suburban.

Thanks!