Thread: Trying to command open loop idle

Trying to command open loop idle

I am trying to tune a vehicle and command an open loop idle. But the O2s will not stay off at idle. what am I missing so I can start tuning this thing? Car is an 04 GTO A4
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Maybe try maxing out your "closed loop enable coolant temp vs. IAT" table to 285 (in engine>fuel>open & closed loop)

That would put it in open loop all the time. The cam has a lot of overlap and I just want to shut the O2s off at idle only.

Tuner in Training
    Check if STFTs are zero when idling. My car did something similar so I thought I was missing a setting too.

do a search here for "hybrid" tune
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post
    But the O2s will not stay off at idle. what am I missing so I can start tuning this thing?
    Your o2 sensors do not stop at WOT either. The may not oscillate much, but they do provide values for PCM.

However, PCM at WOT just doesn't care about O2's. Same thing here, right?

STFT do not zero at idle, they continue to change. I have applied the same settings to another vehicle and it goes to open loop idle. But this vehicle will not zero the STFT or the LTFT.