Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 99 Camaro Lq4 S480 Tune

Tuner in Training
    Thanks man!
    Car was a lot of work doing a complete tear down from last feb but was worth it to make 6 passes without any issues basically hot lapping it Tune was spot on Bret helped with a lot of issues i was having Should be in the 9's next time out for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro9969 View Post
    Ran today in the blazing heat 100° ran a best of 10.02@137 and couldn't get much traction. The last 2 passes spun hard and ran 139mph. Car was 15psi 15° timing not bad for the first time out. Pump gas with a little 100 octane

Boost doesn't get much flatter than this

Couldnt of done it without BlownBlueZ06!! Very helpful guy helped me with a ton of issues i was having and the car made 5 passes all were perfect !!! I highly recommend anyone who has troubles to contact him. Always set aside time to help me out with my tuning between my own schedule. Thanks again Bret!!!!!
    Thanks for the props. I'm glad to help.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Killer times!! Mind posting up your most recent tune so I can take a peak? Your slip is getting me anxious!

Congrats bro, gives me some hope for my little s480 project.

Tuner in Training
    just checked out the videos, what a clean looking car and it sounds so MEAN!

Tuner in Training
    Amazing times, i guess i didnt see it, do you also have stock heads on the motor too? im playing hell with mine, i cant seem to get it to run much faster than where i am, not sure if its a tune issue or something im overlooking lol. i have a similar setup in a 94 firebird lq4 stock heads, small cam ls1 intake s480 turbo, th400 trans with 3600 converter, and for the life of me i cant seem to get this this much faster than high 10's the last 2 trips to the track mph is only 130-131.. boost is only 11-12 lbs though, i just see yours and feel like i should be faster lol car weighs 3555 with me in it too..

Tuner in Training
    also meant to ask what your base fuel pressure is?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wmskateteam View Post
    Killer times!! Mind posting up your most recent tune so I can take a peak? Your slip is getting me anxious!
    Thanks man!
    Let me get into the laptop later on and post it

Quote Originally Posted by sarg View Post
    Congrats bro, gives me some hope for my little s480 project.
    Thanks man and your car will be way faster with how light its going to be !!

Quote Originally Posted by onebad98z View Post
    Amazing times, i guess i didnt see it, do you also have stock heads on the motor too? im playing hell with mine, i cant seem to get it to run much faster than where i am, not sure if its a tune issue or something im overlooking lol. i have a similar setup in a 94 firebird lq4 stock heads, small cam ls1 intake s480 turbo, th400 trans with 3600 converter, and for the life of me i cant seem to get this this much faster than high 10's the last 2 trips to the track mph is only 130-131.. boost is only 11-12 lbs though, i just see yours and feel like i should be faster lol car weighs 3555 with me in it too..
    Yup stock heads just double springs and Chromo pushrods. Very basic set up on the motor. Whats your cam? converter, gears? what boost fuel??? My car weighs 3730+ with me in it LOL not light. I'm 200 but this car is a pig

also meant to ask what your base fuel pressure is?
    right now its at 58psi base
    Last edited by Camaro9969; 06-24-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Heres some pics of the new billet wheel from Bullseye. Def made more power with less boost

Ran wed night trapped 141, had traction issues and just wasnt my night kept screwing up the launch.

Then ran Sat to work on my 60s and would of ran consistent 9s every pass but didnt want to get kicked out for no license. So hammered the brakes every pass ran 10.2 10.1 10.3 all at under 110 mph lol
    Last pass went all out but spun the launch 1.67 60' still ran 115mph in the 8th and ran a 9.9@144!!!!!!!

Heres a couple videos of some passes
    http://youtu.be/z0P-cEbl5lA
    http://youtu.be/WKAqEGE2UVI

Tuner in Training
    mine is forged 370 with box stock heads also cam is 232/238 .599/.601 on a 113 stall is a 3600 and th400 with brake 3.50 rear gears and 28x13.50 et streets im running pump 110 octane fuel and currently 11-12 lbs fuel with a stock s480 t6 1.32.... i would also love to see one of you logs from the track and your tune, cause i feel like i am totally missing something somewhere!!!

Tuner in Training
    What timing you running afrs? ?? You getting any kr? Also what plugs? You can be in the 8s with that set up I would think your about 150-200 lighter than me. What converter do you have?
    Email me it will be faster
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks for sharing your info, if i had my rad hose I would have the whole setup fired up, but stuck waiting right now.

nice upgrade on the billet wheel, is that the batmowheel? do you also have the race cover? Looks like you had a healthy pickup if the only change between last time and this was the wheel upgrade, might have to check that out

Tuner in Training
    thanks for sharing your info, if i had my rad hose I would have the whole setup fired up, but stuck waiting right now.

nice upgrade on the billet wheel, is that the batmowheel? do you also have the race cover? Looks like you had a healthy pickup if the only change between last time and this was the wheel upgrade, might have to check that out
    Its not the Batmo that was a little more than i wanted to spend but I have the Batmowheel race cover. They actually sent me the wrong cover but to my benefit haha
    Heres a couple videos of the track from saturday with some Sunoco 104 Unleaded gas
    Went up to get licensed but couldn't didn't know I need the cage cert before also needed solid valve stems in the front lol
    So turned the boost down to 14 but ran 9.9@142 first pass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6AA...e_gdata_player
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_i1...e_gdata_player
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWCU...e_gdata_player
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUH-...e_gdata_player

Tuner in Training
    looking great! i'm so jealous, your car is really really nice. I might have to look into an upgraded cover and wheel, great #s

sorry to be a nag, but could you post up your tune, i'm really trying to learn and this is so overwhelming! haha i'm sure a few things will get the ball rolling, but this is a lot to take in at first

Tuner in Training
    looking great! i'm so jealous, your car is really really nice. I might have to look into an upgraded cover and wheel, great #s

sorry to be a nag, but could you post up your tune, i'm really trying to learn and this is so overwhelming! haha i'm sure a few things will get the ball rolling, but this is a lot to take in at first
    I'm going to get you in contact with Bret who helped me he is a great guy to talk to and will help you with any questions you will have. He will help you a lot more than I could.

Tuner in Training
    You dont need the wheel right away trust me lol It made serious power with the cast wheel but me blowing the turbo got me to go for it. Now with the race cover i hear that its a great upgrade and worth the price. Very simple to do also

Tuner in Training
    Got the car out with the "NEW" $300 Dollar STOCK and I mean BONE stock bottom end. Down to the bolts and bearings. This was 17psi 14.5 Deg Timing

Tune was spot on flat boost afr's 10.8-11.0

Tuner in Training
    Question .....how can you log lbs/min?? ? I have a pid set up but it only goes to 68lbs and that's it.

Tuner in Training
    You talking about dynamic airflow? Checked some logs, mine maxes at 67.725lb/min (2000camaro). Maybe its a hard coded limit in the PCM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MDuffy View Post
    You talking about dynamic airflow? Checked some logs, mine maxes at 67.725lb/min (2000camaro). Maybe its a hard coded limit in the PCM.
    Ya mine limits there also. So is there anyway to do it?