Thread: Table "Retard vs. % Torque Reduction"

Potential Tuner

Table "Retard vs. % Torque Reduction"

???
    I cannot find the information defining the values that should be in this table for performance purposes.

The help key suggests that the table may be mis-labeled as the help says, "Spark Retard", then under that "Max Torque vs. Rpm vs. Gear" . I assume these are the same but???

It suggests setting this table to "0" to disable torque management. Is that ok? Persently my table has the values from "0, 10, 13, 16, etc" up to 47.
    2005 Silver SS Silverado 6.0L&&2005 Silver Silverado 5.3L&&Nick & Mike

Senior Tuner

Re: Table "Retard vs. % Torque Reduction"

It is the amount of spark retard the computer needs to pull if the torque reduction is maxed out, when the tires are spinning. If you set it to zero, the PCM will not pull timing after it has reduced the specified torque. This is not a bad thing, many have zeroed out this table, including myself.

Potential Tuner

Thanks!

btw, what engine do you have? would you mind sharing the bin file so i can check my work?

thanx,

Nick
    2005 Silver SS Silverado 6.0L&&2005 Silver Silverado 5.3L&&Nick & Mike

This is the only table for protection of the tranny I have not zero'd out. I still have the stock transmission and it's pretty weak. Problem is my timing during shifts is at 9 instead of 25. The torque produced during shifts max's out the 640 set in the other tables
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1