Thread: Searched, but still no high speed. 0411 e-fanQ

Tuner in Training

Searched, but still no high speed. 0411 e-fanQ

Hey guy's, Steve here. I've read a lot about the fan control issues when trying to activate control from a 0411 vcm. I have a 2001 chevy S10 Blazer 4x4. The necessity for electric fans came about when I swapped the 4.3 for a 5.7 350ci vortec injected smallblock into my blazer. Using the stock 0411 blazer vcm and hpt, I depinned and wired in a V8 injector plug using the V8 firing order to the factory harness, added 2 and 7 injector driver wires to the vcm, and calibrated it as a 5.7 ohv 8 cylinder. Runs like a champ so far with no fine tuning.

So I also ran C1 42 pin and C2 33pin from the vcm to a triple relay setup wired like a mitchell repair 2001 camaro ss fig 12 cooling fan circuit diagram. Problem, Low speed green works fine, high speed blue... just clicks the relays at a steady pace. Both grounds from the vcm show a solid 13.90v from B+ to vcm. The low speed green will run all 3 relays for full speed. The dark blue won't even activate an oem tiny omron without clicking, with no load.

I've seen some settings tables on the forum, but my OS doesn't seem to have any recirc door stuff or AC high side pressure settings. It has fan 1 high and low, enable-disable speed, fan 2 high and low and ign, off settings. AC has only disable rpm and tps and enable rpm and tps.

Is there some update I'm missing or ? I'm not a big comp techy dude, or a forum guru. I've had HPT for 2 years and 5 vcm's but I never messed around with swappin' stuff till now. Any insight would be worth at least a half sack, but if it gets my fans workin' right I'd probly drink it for ya.

PS Apologize's if I posted in the wrong section eh! Wasn't sure if I should go V6 or V8. But I'm dam glad I went V8!!!

Steve
    01 Blazer L31 350, 0411control. 00 Blazer built 383, 0411 control. Neither run right yet! Help!!!

Tuner in Training
    I guess I'll try tech support. Thanks for looking.

Anyone know how to calibrate a V6 tach to read a V8? Tach output resolution won't let me do decimals. 1 is 200 rpm too high, 2 is 200 rpm too low. Any thoughts?

Steve M
    01 Blazer L31 350, 0411control. 00 Blazer built 383, 0411 control. Neither run right yet! Help!!!