Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the 0411 control Fans when A/C is Switched ON???

Will the 0411 control Fans when A/C is Switched ON???

I have a 1996 GMC K1500 Sierra with a 454 and using the 0411 ECM off a 2002 Express Van along with the 2005 Silverado Dual Electric Fans with the original fuse and relay harness.

But when I turn on the A/C the fans dont come on. does anyone know how to or if the ECM will control them??
    Thanks

guess nobody knows!!!!!

No one likes to share thier knowledge on this forum from what i have experienced. I could not get a answer to this question either and could not get the 411 pcm to control cooling fans correctly on 05 truck fans. I ended up using one of the pins going to the pcm to a fourth relay wired to the a/c compressor signal to control the fan with a/c on. Tunning is like top secret apparently.

Maybe if you program it as a camaro it might work that is what im going to try on my next project.

Yea I know its like really top secret.
    I've been doing some stuff Lextech told me to do but I'm not done yet. He apparently is the only person that not a 8==D. Lol. I'll send you a PM when I get it to work. Might be a few weeks from now cuz I took out the harness and re plumbing my A/C system.

On my mustang im going to wire in a 3 wire high side sensor off of a 2002 camaro. And program it to a 02 camaro os. It should work then. Only guess it wont work on a truck program is b/c of the os. But just a guess b/c no one shares anything. Cant even buy answers.

That's my next try. I just added the high side sensor but won't know till I get it all together again. Lextech told me I might have to do a segment swap. But I'm new to this programming stuff. Idk how to do a segment swap. Lol.

i did the sensor wont work on a truck program

well i couldnt get it to anyway

That will be my next shot. Lol.

It could help you if you posted this in the correct section this is the V6 section the GMC Sierra with a 454 is a v8.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

I'm asking questions about fan setting or wiring smart ass. V8 or V6 makes no difference.

Well the two of you are bitching about every one is keeping it a secret on how to fix the fan.
    No one likes to share thier knowledge on this forum from what i have experienced. I could not get a answer to this question either and could not get the 411 pcm to control cooling fans correctly on 05 truck fans.
    V6s do not use the same PCM as the V8s so unless ne tune the V8 we would not know so ask your question in the correct sub-forum so people will answer you since they have tuned that PCM.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

just telling it like it is not ******** i'm use to it by now. Trying to help this guy out since no one else was volunteering so jump on me for helping. I will help anyone that wonts help if i have the answer or have been thier, wherever it is posted so the guy made a mistake. Only one man was perfect. Tuning is not a easy thing to learn when no one wonts to share anything. I have bought every book i can find on tuning. Seems everything i wont to change like fans or tire size change for instance the books leave out. I'm a full time tech and hotrodder nice to know some tuning stuff, for the swaps i do, just seems this has not been a forum to find answers i have looked for and questions i have seen others ask that would be something i found interesting and no one answers. Thier is alot of questions answred that i would consider to be more all out tunning, not misc. I did not notice he posted it here b/c i look at alot of different ones trying to pic up on some basic stuff. But that part does not matter as a 411 pcm was also used in 4.3 v6 for your future use.
    Last edited by jseely; 05-06-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks Jseely
    BTW I saw your FB.
    Nice set up u got their. I just got my harness back on my truck this week I should get my A/C done hopefully fans turn on. How do I post a picture on here?

Not sure at one time they had a attach problem would not let me attach anything haven't tried it lately. If you cant fig it out try the videos. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Phantom this is for you.
    The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

e-mail me at [email protected] i will send you daigram , this daigram will help you to install low speed and high speed fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinDorito View Post
    I have a 1996 GMC K1500 Sierra with a 454 and using the 0411 ECM off a 2002 Express Van along with the 2005 Silverado Dual Electric Fans with the original fuse and relay harness.

But when I turn on the A/C the fans dont come on. does anyone know how to or if the ECM will control them??
    Thanks

The 0411 pcm will control the fans if set correct. First thing is to download a 01-02 stock camaro tune and open as a compare file. Copy the settings under System/Fans to your tune. There is also a option on your os for AC recirc under the a/c tab- change this to fan#2 this will give you the second fan option or (High Speed).

The pcm sends a ground signal to the relay's to turn the fans on. You should have your relays wired correct for this or you can burn up the pcm. Alldata.com has wiring diagrams to check what pcm pins control the fans.

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Google i tried that and could not get it to work the second fan would just click the relay. I have the wiring right i went over it 10 times wire for wire. I have alldata, identifix, even googled the wiring diagram it is correct. I even purchased this harness from blackbear http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp It does the same thing. Wont work the second pcm signal wire just clicks. I can ground the relay signal wires and the fans work. So it has to be something in the pcm or settings i am missing. If i send you a copy of the tune could you look at and tell me what i done wrong? I have tried changing everything. Only thing i have come up with is it would have to be a camaro os. As the 411 didnt use fans for truck programing. If you have fb you can see the truck at seelys automotive.
    Last edited by jseely; 05-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.