Thread: PCM Tuners

PCM Tuners

Hello Everyone,
    I am ShadowDragon 2005 GrandAm GT1.With all the assmbly line duddads. I have been researching tuners. The HP tuner sounds complicated with all the adjustments that can be made.or is this program software user friendly? I have the dough just want to make the right choice.Does this come with a scanner or do I need a Laptop or PC? If so how long is the cord to connect if able to hook to a PC.What all is needed or reccomended for a home Street performer.? Thank you

Re: PCM Tuners

Another GA!! (Do I know you...LOL)

The software is good, but there is a steep learning curve. The team at HPT is pretty supportive. Chris has answered alot of my dumb questions as have others on the board.

I personally think it is worth the dough. With a little bit of patience , stuff can be figured out.

However, if you don't have much time, nor have any patience, this may not be for you (IMHO).

The software itself is user friendly (don't rely on the help file though...at least not until 2.0 due 'soon')

You will need a laptop. The cord is roughly 4' long.

I think it comes with everything you need for tuning.

Good Luck!
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Xonelith,

If your from my part of town we might have past and not no it.Meeting I do not know anyone personally with a GA.But thinking about starting a club maybe next summer or you may be in a club and I might come and check you all out. I see alot of GA's Around but not like ours.So the HP Tuner is worth the money cool.I 'm inclined enough to figure things out but not dumb enough to screw something up with out asking.The software from reading sure has alot of adjustments you can do. Which is what I am looking For.Like getting these fans to turn on alot sooner than 220* .When I drove the GA in traffic for the 1st time I looked at the needle scared the hack out of me.So I turned on the A/C by 1st thought.The A/C comes on when I am in slow traffic Or at a light for to long. Aluminium Heads we know.So you Have this tuner and are you happy with it?.You seemed frustrated by it when you wrote.But hay. When I get mine.I'll get started and we or all of us here can all together as a team and figure out the solution. I am no programer but I can wrench and figure things out after around.I built my own computer 5years ago and well I have modified it 4 times and well she moves on and she is getting her next upgrade again. to 4Gs of ram and then the video for my racing games will be modified one last time for awhile.I was no PC buff at all then .Now well I can repair Home PC's.Still learning though by far. Like I said I am a talker when it comes to any thing that can be modified. It is a nice feeling specially when the results are awsome.You feel like you have accomplished something and you see the results.Thats cool to me.Well Let me see the price on this bad boy. Later Dude.

ShadowDragon {:}~~

When I asked if I know you, I meant from GA websites. A couple of guys from GrandsOntario has purchased the software recently, and thought maybe you were one of them.

I'm not frustrated, but it can get frustrating...LOL. False knock and Torque management is a bitch when you don't realize it's happening...

Check out some of the GA sites (I'm in Canada, so probably won't be meeting up with you)

There is some good info on these sites

www.GrandsOntario.com
    www.GrandAmGT.com
    www.gaownersclub.com
    www.60degreev6.com
    www.n-body.net

As for tuning sites, this is pretty much the one to stick to. When you get HPTuners, check out the bin repository. Good spot to share bins:

http://www.horist.com/hptuner/
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1