Thread: Help can't lean out car in PE !! w/ HP tuners

Tuner

Help can't lean out car in PE !! w/ HP tuners

ive gone as far as to set all relevant PE and even open loop vs. ects to 1 to try to lean it out. I changed all WOT PE values from 3600 -6400 up to 1 (should be at 14.63) which is commanded AFR and i also changed ECT vs. MAP to 1 at all values between 122 and 214 deg. anything past 75KPA which would equate to WOT. NO matter what I do, i cannot get any leaner then 12.2 on my LM-1. At idle im at 14.7, i just dont understand where it could be getting its commanded afr from. Any help would be apppreciated. Im hitting the track tomorrow. Ive also turned off COTS

Thanks
    Dave

Tuner

Re: Help can't lean out car in PE !! w/ HP tuners

have you verified that your commanded AFR is 14.63 at WOT, or is it somewhere around 12.2? Check and see what the "multiplier"(I think it is) from the PID list. Have you tried PE and O/L multipliers below 1 yet?
    98\' T/A, filter/lid, Comp 212-218, 85mm MAF

Advanced Tuner

I was having this problem too, I got it to lean out a bit by changing my IFR table. Probably not the right way to do it though.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner

i figured it out. it wasnt saving my WOT PE settings for some reason. What do you guys do to modify WOT fueling? Do you use the ECT vs. Map
    or just the PE vs. RPM and set the ECT vs. Map so lean that it'll never get used in the higher MAP area (WOT)?

Tuner

Well, I read in another post Keith recommended not disabling the PE. I'd say do what he did (I Think), lower it to get you O/L table correct, then you can do it the other way to get your PE correct, then put both to were they should be. Just an idea.
    98\' T/A, filter/lid, Comp 212-218, 85mm MAF