Thread: Critique my borderline knock table for turbo

Tuner

Critique my borderline knock table for turbo

'05 GT, 5 speed, all stock engine, and will have 10psi turbo with supporting fuel system. How does this look for a base spark table to start tuning with? I've sacled the load value in the table to 1.9 (thanks Bill!) and eliminated most of the spark adders in the tune. I haven't touch the IMRC adders yet (not sure if these should be removed?)

2002 EB C5Z06. ECS Novi, Alky control meth & headers, 633 rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Why not max tha load axis @ 1.6 for 10lb of boost? Will give you another load point around Peak Ve that you can use?

Whats the static comp ratio of the Motor?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Why not max tha load axis @ 1.6 for 10lb of boost? Will give you another load point around Peak Ve that you can use?

Whats the static comp ratio of the Motor?
    Thanks. Not a bad idea. I could replace 1.6 with 1.4 and move 1.6 to where 1.9 is now. Stock compression is 9.8:1. How do the timing values look. I want them to be on the conservative side to start.

what's your MBT table look like? its just as important as the borderline
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner
    I haven't touched the MBT table so it has all stock values, but with an increased load.

Tuner in Training
    you need to set the mbt table to what timing values you want... if you set your borderline table to say 18 degrees all the way across, and your mbt table is 16 all the way across, it will not run past 16 degrees. As fox said, it is as important but actually more important than borderline on those cars.

Tuner
    got it, MBT is the max spark for the engine. Thanks guys I will adjust accordingly. Do the values in borderline seem ok for a turbo car. I don't really have anything to compare to and want to make sure I have a safe starting point.

Tuner in Training
    to me it looks safe anyways.. just make sure the car is loading properly before any heavy pulls, or even go into your engine displacement and lower the displacement value a bit to make sure it is over loading if anything, then move back from there. Also keep an eye on around what rpm you are getting full boost at, and build you timing table around that general area for peak load.

Tuner in Training
    I would actually get a lot more agressive on the low end timing once you verify air to fuel and loading is good.. with a turbo car you can pretty well run NA timing below 2,000 rpm to help it get on the turbo quicker.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blownyellow View Post
    I would actually get a lot more agressive on the low end timing once you verify air to fuel and loading is good.. with a turbo car you can pretty well run NA timing below 2,000 rpm to help it get on the turbo quicker.
    That was the plan. Wanted the timing to be safe while I got fueling andto loading in line.