Thread: Actual Procedure For Pin Activation To Enable Electric Fans, 2003 GMC Sierra

Potential Tuner

Actual Procedure For Pin Activation To Enable Electric Fans, 2003 GMC Sierra

Going to be installing (hopefully) LS1 fans on my '03 Sierra. Already have the fans, have the fan harness on the way from BlackBear.

Lots of reading has informed me that pin 42 and pin 33 need to be activated thru HP Tuners to enable PCM control of the electric fans. Going into VCM Editor, under System - Fans, function to enable "2 fans", plus parameters to adjust temperature on/off of said fans is found. Will changing the function from "no fans" to "2 fans" in essence activate pins 42 and 33, or is there something else that needs to be done?

I know the temperature parameters cannot stay at the "no fans" defaults of 284 degrees Fahrenheit...will these change automatically to electric fan-friendly defaults, or do each of these need to be addressed individually?

Any input is appreciated....all online searches basically wind up with "activate pin 42", but never actually say how to do it.

Quote: or is there something else that needs to be done?

make sure that under system> a\c> recirculation set to fan 2
    you can copy all the settings off a F-body cal

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID