Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cat warmup delete-How to fix cold start idle?

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post

Injector Angle Horn Single High table, 2000rpm from 128% load and up. Is it an error that they are all 321.8 and then 3000rpm goes back to 321, then 4520 jumps to 336?

Prob just a typo in the paste function to those cells. Mine are 321.0 there.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    Any chance of getting those cam tables re-hosted?

Tuner in Training
    Bumping the above post. Could someone please rehost the cam tables? This post is kind of worthless without them.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaizero View Post
    Bumping the above post. Could someone please rehost the cam tables? This post is kind of worthless without them.
    If you don't want to learn anything and just copy paste others work then yes this post is worthless. If you read the posts (significant amount of info still there) you can develop your own tables and learn about the ecu and how it functions.

Nothing wrong with comparing different cam tables.
    Years ago paid "Term" ,for a 'tune' for my car, because of the cam tables that he developed.
    His cam tables really weren't anything special, but did help over stock tables.
    I did try GmTechs cam tables, & I really didn't those were that special either.
    Enclosed in this reply is a rehost of his cam tables.
    A few years ago I did a test of many cam tables, & found 1 that worked best for me.
    #1 The cam tables that "BackyardTurbo_FTW" , (Nick) , developed, work the best for me.
    I ran 12.3s all day with a best of 12.28 with Nicks cam tables with my 2009 HHR SS automatic with slicks.
    Nicks cam tables are awesome on the street too, even during the winter time in Pittsburgh.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 06-02-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Advanced Tuner
    I must admit that I never tested my cam tables in performance. Mine were based off of Bills tables, I just altered them differently for my own liking. I trust Bill a lot though, but I don't think he ever tested his tables against Nick's. Will you post a picture of Nicks (both numbers and 3D) intake and exhaust tables? My computer is messed up and I've been using a buddies to tune, so I don't readily have access to see what you posted.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i spent 3 days solid state tuning the stock cams only to find a slightly better hp gain in the top end and about a max of 33 mpg city/highway blend.
    for the most part the factory cams are in a fairly good position. the things i didnt like were the non parked idle positions and the use of a little bit more overlap to help net me some mpg. a small shift in the upper hp range netted some hp but during the testing i didnt know about opti spark and pid controls so i may have left some trq on the table.
    i did solid state the injector pressure to verify max caps and what the injectors really desired for flow vs ms on time. although i am not willing to share my results on this because of the cost and time, i will say a proper solid state tune of cams, injection window, injection pressure and opti spark will net a fair bump over anyone else's canned tune file.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Hey now CSSOB, no cam tables are better than mine!! Lol.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    please we can make more power with them completely parked
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    I've had the most success advancing the intake cam and making some minor tweaks to the exhaust side.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to try a few different iterations in Terminator's cam tables, BYT's, Bill's and GMTechs. At the end of the day, I've always found (for my own preferences) myself going back to my own creation. Like was already said, there's more to it than just adjusting the cams.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    T-Man, you have t tried mine ��

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    T-Man, you have t tried mine ��
    I have
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    Cams are the one thing I started to test, but never did. Bill seemed pretty happy with his, so I modified them for ultimate smoothness and called it a day. I doubt anyone's is as smooth as mine are ��